cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

imx28 dhcp compiling error

Jump to solution
michelleweng
Contributor I

These days I need to build dhcp function in file system, I did it just like this, and I can get dhcp-3.0.3b1 source code in ltib/rpm/BUILD.

package list->[*]dhcp

[*] Include DHCP server

[*] Include DHCP client support

But during the compiling, I meet some weird problems.

First, it said that

"Unknown system.   If this is an SCO system running ODT 3.0 or"

echo "higher, type \`\`./configure sco''.   Otherwise, this is a"

echo "configuration that isn't supported or hasn't been tested."

Then I modify the configure file in dhcp-3.0.3b1 by adding sysname="linux", and it can pass.But some other problems followed.

mv $RPM_BUILD_ROOT//opt/freescale/rootfs/arm/usr/man  $RPM_BUILD_ROOT//opt/freescale/rootfs/arm//usr/share

mv: cannot stat `/home/michelle/ltib/tmp/dhcp//opt/freescale/rootfs/armusr/man`: No such file or directory

chmod 755 $RPM_BUILD_ROOT//opt/freescale/rootfs/arm//sbin/dhclient-script

chmod: cannot access `/home/michelle/ltib/tmp/dhcp//opt/freescale/rootfs/arm//sbin/dhclient-script`:No such file or directory.

Did anyone meet these problems and please give me some hints? or else I have to build another new version of dhcp myself. Thank you very much.

Labels (1)
0 Kudos
1 Solution
jimmychan
NXP TechSupport
NXP TechSupport

Seems the path is incorrect. Have you try to modify it?

There is a .spec file for each package in LTIB (under ltib/dist/lfs-5.1/). You can modify the .spec file to fit your package compiling and building.

Or you can go to the source code folder directly (under ltib/rpm/BUILD/<package>/ ). Then modify the Makefile and config file. and then 'make' the source code directly.

View solution in original post

0 Kudos
4 Replies
jimmychan
NXP TechSupport
NXP TechSupport

Seems the path is incorrect. Have you try to modify it?

There is a .spec file for each package in LTIB (under ltib/dist/lfs-5.1/). You can modify the .spec file to fit your package compiling and building.

Or you can go to the source code folder directly (under ltib/rpm/BUILD/<package>/ ). Then modify the Makefile and config file. and then 'make' the source code directly.

0 Kudos
spunak
Contributor I

It's crazy how often vague, useless answers are given on this forum and deemed 'The Correct Answer'.

The fact is that this version of DHCP is not able to understand a 64 bit linux build environment. This should do the trick.

http://www.punak.com/dhcp-ltib.tgz

Untar, and run ./dhcp.sh [/path/to/ltib]

0 Kudos
JeromeBaron
Contributor II

I think I have the same problem as you, my system is 64bit. The link to the patch doesn't work. Do you remember what needed to be patched?

Regards

0 Kudos
michelleweng
Contributor I

Hi,Stephen:

Thanks for your response. Actually my host is 32bit Ubuntu11.10 running in virtualbox.Jimmy and Freescale's FAE both confirmed that it is the problem of wrong path defined in ltib/dist/lfs-5.1/dhcp/dhcp.spec. After modified it, the DHCP compiling error problem in ltib is fixed and can run well in my board.

#mv $RPM_BUILD_ROOT/%{pfx}/usr/man  $RPM_BUILD_ROOT/%{pfx}/%{_prefix}/share

#chmod 755 $RPM_BUILD_ROOT/%{pfx}/%base/sbin/dhclient-script

My project was so urgent that I just tagged Jimmy's answer as correct answer without detailed information. But I don't think

the answer is crazy, vague and useless, it is just 'The Correct Answer'. :smileyhappy:

Maybe you have answered another compiling error problem but not mine, hope it can help people who meet it.

0 Kudos