cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Board Bringup: Not able to program uboot on board through ATK

Jump to solution
chandansingh
Contributor II
We have a new fresh custom board based on iMX257 with mDDR and NAND Flash. Now when we are trying to program u-boot.bin first time on Board through ATK,then we are getting
Flash program failed:connection error!".

During ATK program window, BBT is not checked(disabled). Is it correct way? or we should enable BBT in ATK program window for the u.boot.

Should NAND Flash BBT should be active first time?
Labels (1)
0 Kudos
1 Solution
karina_valencia
NXP Apps Support
NXP Apps Support
Re: Board Bringup: Not able to program uboot on board through ATK

Brett B PhaganEmployee

For custom boards:

1. You need to create an Initial Script File for your mDDR configuration if it differs at all from the Freescale PDK.

You would select this file on the first window in ATK instead of mDDR.

2. If you get device not supported error, then you will need to modify the ATK source to add your NAND device to the appropriate table and rebuild the RAM kernel.

Do you see the progress bar advance at all during the programming?

Are you using USB or UART?

Brett

View solution in original post

0 Kudos
3 Replies
Yuri
NXP Employee
NXP Employee

"connection error" of the ATK means that i.MX25 boot ROM is not working. Looks like the processor did not start.

If possible please check if i.MX25 can be connected via a JTAG debugger.

chandansingh
Contributor II

Hi Yuri,

Thanks for the info.

We do not have the JTAG Debugger yet.We are using ATK for programming.

Boot ROM seems working.because we can initialize NAND Flash correctly. Command READ_ID return successful 5 bytes device info. from NAND Device. But when trying to Program, then during erasing block, after giving ERASE_CONFIRM_COMMAND, there is no setting of interrupt(D15 of CONFIG2 of NFC) to 1 and we get stuck there.

However the DSO shows that Busy pin returns to High state after 170 us. But interrupt bit(D15 of CONFIG2) remains 0 indicating device busy.

I have referred section 4 in application note AN3985 "Supporting a New NAND Flash Device" for my NAND Flash(MT29F4G08ABADA). Below parameters has been added in type 7 of nand_device_table in ATK source code for the NAND Flash -->

{ .end_of_table = false, .man_id = 0x2c, .

dev_id = 0xdc, .

cell_type = SLC,

. chip_size_in_bytes = 512LL*SZ_1M,

.ppb = 64, .page_size = 2*SZ_1K, .oob_size = 64, .bbm_offset =0, .bbi_page_offset = 0, .bus_width = 8, .scan_pg_num= 1 .model = "MT29F4G08ABADA", }, Could you please verify these settings are correct or not for the concerned Flash.

Also while programming through ATK first time on the fresh iMX257 based board,should I enable BBT and BI_SWAP in ATK program window? Currently I am programming by disabling BBT and BI_SWAP in ATK on iMX257 board, but it gets stuck during erase before write operation.

Thanks & regards,

Chandan Singh

0 Kudos
karina_valencia
NXP Apps Support
NXP Apps Support
Re: Board Bringup: Not able to program uboot on board through ATK

Brett B PhaganEmployee

For custom boards:

1. You need to create an Initial Script File for your mDDR configuration if it differs at all from the Freescale PDK.

You would select this file on the first window in ATK instead of mDDR.

2. If you get device not supported error, then you will need to modify the ATK source to add your NAND device to the appropriate table and rebuild the RAM kernel.

Do you see the progress bar advance at all during the programming?

Are you using USB or UART?

Brett

0 Kudos