AnsweredAssumed Answered

External Trigger for IPU on i.MX6

Question asked by Uwe Halmich on Feb 18, 2013
Latest reply on Feb 25, 2013 by Uwe Halmich
Branched to a new discussion

Hi,

we are designing a camera for a client. The client has a second camera and likes to syncronize the VSYNC of both. We are now trying to synchronize the display interface (DI) of the IPU with an external trigger from our clients system.

The datasheet has some hints for doing something like this, but nothing clear. There is a ext_vsync signal in the block diagram of the DI, but I can't find it anywhere else in the datasheet.

It seems like there is a possibility to sync with the CSI-modules but that hasn't worked yet. I think it lacks of the correct settings of CSI.

We also tried to manipulate the counters in the DI0_Sync_Wave_Gen registers, but that is more like guessing. Everyone of these counters have a external sync option, but it's not clear from where these external syncs may come. Is there probably a possibility to trigger these counters from the ARM, so we can synchronize with a GPIO Interrupt?

Has anyone tried something similar or have any hints where to start? Any help would be greatly appreciated.

Outcomes