AnsweredAssumed Answered

Bricked boards  Second phase

Question asked by chop on Feb 14, 2013
Latest reply on Sep 30, 2013 by Carlos Mendoza

After having problems with my first two FRDM boards I sent Freescale a fault report and they very kindly sent two replacements , these arrived this afternoon , keen to check them out I connected them to the USB lead on my main computer , running XP, both boards came up as "FRDM-KL25Z." as per the Quick Start Guide , all well and good , and the demo program showed that the accelerometers were functioning as expected , put them away and had dinner, I decided to try loading one of the precompiled srec  examples  , That's when the problems started , on plugging the USB lead ( without attempting to go into bootloader) After a short delay  I was presented  with the error message  " Delayed write failed " after which the board came up as "Invalid" rather than "FRDM-KL24Z"  or "Bootloader"   Disconnecting and reconnecting it enumerated as "Bootloader" with no sign of the demo program and the green bootloader light flashing as per the original two that failed   

As a check I did a "LSUSB" on one of my Linux boxes and note that the still working FRDM ID enumerates as "1357:0707 P&E Microcomputer systems" , the dead ones show as "2504:0200" , So it appears that something is wiping out the original  OpenSDA programming ?

This is starting to really bug me , it appears that something in my main computer XP system is killing FRDM boards ( 3 of 4 so far , and the fourth I'm very reticent to plug in to my main computer again, though it seems to behave on my XP laptop) ,  I have several Micro programming systems installed in the main computer  ( Arduino, Energia, Coocox,Espruino, Code composer etc ,)  but none of these are running while I'm playing with the Freedom boards 

Anyone have any brilliant ideas before I tear what little remaining hair I have out ?

Art

Outcomes