AnsweredAssumed Answered

How to configure DISP0 to use 20 bits

Question asked by tw(imx53) on Feb 6, 2013
Latest reply on Feb 20, 2013 by tw(imx53)
Branched to a new discussion

Hi,

I have a setup with a custom board connected to the i.MX53 QSB. Disp0 outputs 0-19 are connected to a serializer which needs the video data on following form:

In 0-9: 10 bits Chroma data

In 10-19: 10 bits Luma data

Video is coming out of the serializer, but the colors are not correct. I have tried different IPU_PIX_FMT_, but I am not sure what to select in order for the DI to output word aligned chroma/luma. If anybody has experience with this and can point me in the right direction, please let me know.

Edit:

Table 60 in the i.MX53 data sheet (IMX53CEC) lists different signal mappings for the display port. Can anyone please explain how to select for instance 16-bit YCrCb or 20-bit YCrCb from a kernel parameter, structure or register? For instance, when connecting the HDMI card to the QSB, "RGB24" kernel parameter obviously sets correct 24-bit RGB color mapping according to Table 60. But when selecting for instance YUV444 (or any YUV combos) the color space is clearly changing, but how can I know/find out how the Y/V signals are mapped out on the physical pins and whether it is 8-bit BT.656, 16-bit or 20-bit? I can not find any clear reference to this either in docs or code.

Thanks,

Trond

Outcomes