cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

imx25 serial bootloader status codes

Jump to solution
rbruce
Contributor II

This is an imx25 question.  I have placed a custom program into SPI flash using the ATK.  When I power-up, the program does not run, but the Boot ROM reverts to serial down-loader mode.  The Get Status command returns 0x47.

The imx25 Reference Manual, System Boot chapter does not provide any help regarding return codes other than 0x88.  Is there a Freescale document that will explain these codes?

Thanks,

Bill Bruce

Labels (1)
0 Kudos
1 Solution
Yuri
NXP Employee
NXP Employee

As for Get Status command, please use Table 7-21 (HAB Status Codes) of the i.MX25 Reference Manual.
So, looks like (for 0x47) :

HAB_FAIL_SUPER_ROOT_INSTALL Super-Root key installation failed.

View solution in original post

0 Kudos
3 Replies
fabiansetz
Contributor I

I have a similar question about SDP-status-codes:

I got the Response "63" (0x3F) and there is no description what is means.

Can anyone help, please?

0 Kudos
Yuri
NXP Employee
NXP Employee

As for Get Status command, please use Table 7-21 (HAB Status Codes) of the i.MX25 Reference Manual.
So, looks like (for 0x47) :

HAB_FAIL_SUPER_ROOT_INSTALL Super-Root key installation failed.

0 Kudos
rbruce
Contributor II

There it is in plain sight.

I have been ignoring the sections of the boot chapter that talk about secure boot because I assumed it did not apply to my situation:

HAB_TYPE[2:0] = 001

Engineering—allows any code to be flashed and executed, even if it has no valid signature (default).

Flash Header

app_code_csf pointer = 0

Points to the certificate and command equence file data. This data is used by the High Assurance Boot (HAB) library included in the OM to verify that the application is authentic. Should be set to 0x0 when not used in a non-secure boot.

super_root_key = 0

Pointer to the super root key data. Should be set to 0x0 when not used in a non-secure boot.

Thanks for your response.  I need to dig into this a bit more.

0 Kudos