AnsweredAssumed Answered

Startup_Code trouble with kinetis & PE

Question asked by lander on Feb 1, 2013
Latest reply on Feb 11, 2013 by Adrian Sanchez Cano

In the instructions that show how to set up processor expert for a CW10.3 project with the K20 family, it states that I must remove files "kinetis_sysinit.c" and "kinetis_sysinit.h" because they will interfere with PE.  I could not find those files in Project Settings>Startup_Code like the document stated I would.  I'm wondering why they aren't there to delete.

Also, I'm running into problems with initialization and my startup.c file.  These are the errors as follows...

Description Resource Path Location Type

Undefined : "__DATA_RAM" startup.c /NewMemProject/Sources/common line 103 C/C++ Problem

Undefined : "__DATA_END" startup.c /NewMemProject/Sources/common line 103 C/C++ Problem

Undefined : "__DATA_ROM" startup.c /NewMemProject/Sources/common line 103 C/C++ Problem

Undefined : "__VECTOR_RAM" startup.c /NewMemProject/Sources/common line 103 C/C++ Problem

Undefined : "__VECTOR_TABLE" startup.c /NewMemProject/Sources/common line 103 C/C++ Problem

Link failed. NewMemProject    C/C++ Problem

mingw32-make: *** [NewMemProject.afx] Error 1 NewMemProject    C/C++ Problem

Undefined : "___BOOT_STACK_ADDRESS" NewMemProject  line 0, external location: C:\Users\Liz.Anderson\Desktop\Freescale Tower\DemoCodeK20D72M\KINETIS_72MHz_SRC\build\cw\NewMemProject\MK20DX256_INTERNAL_FLASH\cw_crt0_s.obj C/C++ Problem

Undefined : "__BOOT_STACK_ADDRESS" NewMemProject  line 0, external location: C:\Users\Liz.Anderson\Desktop\Freescale Tower\DemoCodeK20D72M\KINETIS_72MHz_SRC\build\cw\NewMemProject\MK20DX256_INTERNAL_FLASH\vectors_c.obj C/C++ Problem

And the startup.c code where the first half of the errors are is as follows:

void

common_startup(void){

#if(defined(CW))

extern char __START_BSS[];

extern char __END_BSS[];

extern uint32 __DATA_ROM[];

extern uint32 __DATA_RAM[];

extern char __DATA_END[];

#endif

How much of their code do I have to modify to make this work?  I'm just trying to make UART work and hopefully make sure I can work with the memory of the chip.

Thank you,

Liz

Outcomes