MCU fails to program suddenly.... Did I get a dud?

cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

MCU fails to program suddenly.... Did I get a dud?

Jump to solution
danielbronson
Contributor II

I recently purchased an evaluation product of the MC56F8257 DSC.  The tower board (TWR-56F8257) arrived and I was able to successfully program it one single time. 

I ran a simple example code (eFLEX lab) on the board.  After that initial programming, it now fails to program.

I am running Codewarrior Eclipse v10.3.  When I try to run the code on the board, no errors occur in the project build.  The programming progress bar climbs to 99% and everything freezes.  The 3rd party flash programming begins and initializes the target.  At which point it says, "Loading programming algorithm..."

But nothing happens.  I have left it for 8 hours with no progress. 

I am concerned that I received a defective product.

This is a time-critical project, so anything that can be done quickly will be extremely appreciated.

Labels (1)
1 Solution
danielbronson
Contributor II

For anyone experiencing this same problem, I had accidentally programmed the RESET line to a GPIO.  This is what caused the programmer to not be able to program it anymore.  I fixed it by holding the reset button down before plugging the board power in.  Then I programmed the board, and when the downloading of the program pauses, I let go of the reset button and the 'correct' program was successfully written.

View solution in original post

2 Replies
danielbronson
Contributor II

For anyone experiencing this same problem, I had accidentally programmed the RESET line to a GPIO.  This is what caused the programmer to not be able to program it anymore.  I fixed it by holding the reset button down before plugging the board power in.  Then I programmed the board, and when the downloading of the program pauses, I let go of the reset button and the 'correct' program was successfully written.

Monica
Senior Contributor III

Daniel, is great to know you were able to find and correct the problem.

Thanks for sharing it!

Best regards.

0 Kudos