cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Cfflasher cannot work with Windows 7

Jump to solution
chin
Contributor I

I could not get Cfflasher to work in Windows 7.

The Cfflasher shows "cannot Initialise BDM".

Is there a new dll for Win7?

My setup can work in WinXP.

Thanks.

Labels (1)
0 Kudos
1 Solution
DavidS
NXP Employee
NXP Employee

Hi Wen,

CF Flasher is a very old engineer tool that is now deprecated and has now plans of being updated for Win7.

I also checked on Microsoft site:

32-bit and 64-bit Windows: frequently asked questions

Can I run 32-bit programs on a 64-bit computer?

Most programs designed for the 32-bit version of Windows will work on the 64-bit version of Windows. Notable exceptions are many antivirus programs.

Device drivers designed for the 32-bit version of Windows don't work on computers running a 64-bit version of  Windows. If you're trying to install a printer or other device that only has 32-bit drivers available, it won't work correctly on a 64-bit version of Windows.

In summary if you have installed Win 7 32-bit it might work but not on Win7 64-bit machine.

Sorry.

Regards,

David

View solution in original post

0 Kudos
1 Reply
DavidS
NXP Employee
NXP Employee

Hi Wen,

CF Flasher is a very old engineer tool that is now deprecated and has now plans of being updated for Win7.

I also checked on Microsoft site:

32-bit and 64-bit Windows: frequently asked questions

Can I run 32-bit programs on a 64-bit computer?

Most programs designed for the 32-bit version of Windows will work on the 64-bit version of Windows. Notable exceptions are many antivirus programs.

Device drivers designed for the 32-bit version of Windows don't work on computers running a 64-bit version of  Windows. If you're trying to install a printer or other device that only has 32-bit drivers available, it won't work correctly on a 64-bit version of Windows.

In summary if you have installed Win 7 32-bit it might work but not on Win7 64-bit machine.

Sorry.

Regards,

David

0 Kudos