cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

TWR-56F8257 Bootloader problem

Jump to solution
danielbronson
Contributor II

Well, I jacked up my USB bootloader.  The TWR-56F8257 tower board uses the MC9S08JM60CLD to do its OSBDM programming and to main processor: the MC56F8257. 

I tried to update the MC9S08JM60CLD using the JM60 GUI.  However, it asks for a .s19 file to update the OSBDM.  I have been attempting to find the correct .s19 file to do what the TWR-56F8257 originally did, but I cannot find the correct one.  Does anyone know how I can find and update my MC9S08JM60CLD?

Please help!

Labels (1)
1 Solution
pgo
Senior Contributor V

Hi Daniel,

The OSBDM firmware is maintained by P&E Micro.  The firmware is available from:

JM60-OSBDM Firmware Update Utility » P&E Microcomputer Systems

This requires a HCS08 programmer.  The required s19 files are part of the installation,  I'm unsure if the DSC version is included.  If not I suggest you contact P&E.

bye

View solution in original post

0 Kudos
3 Replies
pgo
Senior Contributor V

Hi Daniel,

The OSBDM firmware is maintained by P&E Micro.  The firmware is available from:

JM60-OSBDM Firmware Update Utility » P&E Microcomputer Systems

This requires a HCS08 programmer.  The required s19 files are part of the installation,  I'm unsure if the DSC version is included.  If not I suggest you contact P&E.

bye

0 Kudos
danielbronson
Contributor II

pgo,

Thank you so much!  You were absolutely correct!  I downloaded the 'Firmware Updates & Recovery' program from P&E Microcomputer Systems.
After running the installation, I connected to my device and selected the generic 'DSC' file.
It worked wonderfully!  I now have the processor getting power again.

The best part:  I didn't need the HCS08 programmer.  By using the direct USB link and having the correct drivers, the tower board provided the necessary link to reprogram the MC9S08JM60CLD.

Thanks again!

0 Kudos
JimDon
Senior Contributor III

Recommend you contact technical support for that.