cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

can't stop auto boot in iMX 25

satishnallamall
Contributor I

Hi,

I am using iMX 25,and booting from NAND, when the U boot prompts to enter any key to stop the auto boot on htperterminal. i am hitting a key but the auto boot is not stopping. I think on the UART RX from board is ok, but I am not able to transmit any data to board through RS232. My switch settings are same as described in user guides. Could you please help me out.

Labels (1)
0 Kudos
3 Replies

monchoFSL
NXP Employee
NXP Employee

Hi Satish,

Verify that your terminal session has flow control disabled. Sometimes I forgot to do this adjustment and board didn't receive my keystrokes. If that's OK verify that UBoot has enough timeout, usually 5 seconds down count. If not maybe your timeout was set to 0 and you will not be able to stop auto boot. If this is the case load again the UBoot image to NAND

Regards,

Ricardo

satishnallamall
Contributor I

Hi,

Thank you for reply 

I have erased the NAND using ATK, and programmed new Uboot, from free scale provided binary images for imx25. Still not able to stop auto boot. And also after booting from NAND UBoot is reporting error of Wrong kernel image, and waiting for user command inputs. Here also I am not able to give any commands to Uboot  through UART.Is there any hardware settings I am missing.

0 Kudos

monchoFSL
NXP Employee
NXP Employee

I'm assuming you are connecting serial to CON4. Then SW4-1 should be at OFF or serial port UART (DCE) CON4 selected. Since this is a DCE device your signals at the DB9 connector are as follow: Pin 2 transmit, pin 3 receive. Verify your serial cable configuration, should be a DTE to DCE cable or one to one (not NULL modem cable)

Just a brief explanation, your PC is a DTE device and your board CON4 is a DCE. Connection DTE to DCE is wire to wire. Only PC to PC (DTE to DTE) requires NULL modem cable