cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

USB device not supported on imx6Q sabresd

Jump to solution
Selea
Senior Contributor I

I have an error connecting a USB camera to the sabdreSD board.

it says "usb 1-1: device v093a p2628 is not supported"

093A is de vendor 2628 is the productid.

well I checked where this error string is printed. It is inside a otg_whitelist.h is_targeted function, called from usb_enumerate_... in hub.c

(both files are in /driver/usb/core)

1) the camera is connected to the sadresd board using a microUSB adapter (the adapter is working because if i try to connect for example a usb pen it works fine), so i'm not using any hub.

2) the function is_targeted search inside a static(constant)  structure called whitelist_table. But this table has a finte number of element.... so i think something else is wrong, I don't think i need to add to this table every single gadget i think to connect to my system....should be something dinamic, if i add the driver to my kernel or load as a module the system should be aware of the new device supported....

Sorry if i'm a little bit confusing..

thanks

Omar

Tags (1)
0 Kudos
1 Solution
Selea
Senior Contributor I
0 Kudos
6 Replies
mcfrisk
Contributor I

Could you elaborate how you got USB OTG working with iMX6Q Sabre SD?

Does it work with the Linux kernel 3.0.35-2310-gc27cb38 from 1.1.0 release and does it require some userspace utilities or changes to module parameters?

I'm only able to get "USB Charger Detected" messages from Sabre SD with the standard type B USB micro cable connected to a powered hub. Type A USB micro cable that I just received does not seem to be detected at all, with or without the powered hub.

I would like use Sabre SD in USB host mode to connect some devices like cameras to it.

0 Kudos
Selea
Senior Contributor I

i bought a micro usb to usb adapter and it works fine... with hub and also without a hub(direct connection of a device)

http://it.farnell.com/multicomp/2ub3001-w05102/adattatore-micro-usb-usb-type-a/dp/1850637

0 Kudos
mcfrisk
Contributor I

Thanks for the info.

I have this cable:

http://www.amazon.de/Ex-Pro%C2%AE-On-The-Go-HOST-Kabel-Nokia/dp/B008ADDH4A/ref=pd_ys_iyr_img

And Sabre SD board revision is C1, I think. USB memory sticks and cameras are not working. Freescale support suggested removing U12 chip next to the USB port but that did not help either. I also compiled a new kernel with more USB host drivers. Didn't help either.

With a standard USB micro type B cable the device recognizes hub as a power supply and connecting to a PC works with gadget ethernet driver for example.

But host mode OTG is not working for me. Sigh.

0 Kudos
Selea
Senior Contributor I

maybe it's a cable issue... I don't know... were we lucky?

everything is working (usb key, hub, etc etc.....), just check if you enable everything you need in the kernel....

(USB driver for the device you want to insert....).

maybe try to enable usb debug verbose so you will have more info when you insert something.

0 Kudos
Selea
Senior Contributor I

ok, the problem was relaing on whitelist_otg activated... removed ..

the print is still there but just because the dev_err is outside the ifdef

now with lsusb i see the usb device correctly enumeratd.

but now i shoud see the camera in the /dev if the system has loaded the driver, isn't it?

I'm sure that the driver is in (I checke in the C files the vendor id - product id couple).

thanks

Omar

0 Kudos
Selea
Senior Contributor I

Solved, thanks!

0 Kudos