cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

K20, Processor Expert and CW 10.3

Jump to solution
lander
Contributor IV

I'm having trouble with Processor Expert on my K20 tower.  I created my own project by using the .exe files in the KINETIS_72MHz_SRC file that allows you to recreate the Hello_World demo for the tower then tried to create a Processor Expert for that project but an error box pops up with no dialog, just a red X and an 'OK' button.  I also attempted to just start from scratch and create a new project and adding the Processor Expert component but when the project is done being created, I cannot click on the 'ProcessorExpert.pe', nothing happens when I do click.

I'm wondering, maybe I'm missing some software or a step.  I'm relatively new at this IDE and microcontrollers so I hope someone can help me out.

Thank you,

Lander

1 Solution
adriansc
Contributor IV

Hi,

I will try to explain this. When a new project is created a Rapid Application Development is selected, in this case CW provides Processor Expert to configure your device with a graphic environment (this makes the things easier) . This tool is configured when you are creating your project.

The project that the .exe generates it is a copy of the hello_world example but are no prepared to use PEx tool. Hence you can not use the component in this project.

Also you can create a new PEx project and add components. In the attachments you will find a hello_world example with PEx tool.

Let me know if you have any problem.

Hope this helps.

View solution in original post

2 Replies
adriansc
Contributor IV

Hi,

I will try to explain this. When a new project is created a Rapid Application Development is selected, in this case CW provides Processor Expert to configure your device with a graphic environment (this makes the things easier) . This tool is configured when you are creating your project.

The project that the .exe generates it is a copy of the hello_world example but are no prepared to use PEx tool. Hence you can not use the component in this project.

Also you can create a new PEx project and add components. In the attachments you will find a hello_world example with PEx tool.

Let me know if you have any problem.

Hope this helps.

lander
Contributor IV

Thank you so much, Adrian!  I ended up having to re-download CW and such to get it to work but your advice helped me get one step further.

0 Kudos