AnsweredAssumed Answered

12_09_01_oneiric.tgz has error with vivante_drm.so

Question asked by deadhp1 on Jan 12, 2013
Latest reply on May 10, 2013 by Andre Silva
Branched to a new discussion

I've been going crazy trying to figure out why I couldn't get opengl es to run in hardware mode.

Finally I checked the log at /var/logs/Xorg.0.log and it shows the vivante_drm.so can't be found.

I also checked to logs in the actualy 12_09_01_oneiric.tgz and it shows the same thing.  So it's nothing I've done wrong.  It's not properly setup to begin with.

This is the error from the /var/log/Xorg.0.log inside the actual 12_09_01_oneiric.tgz that is available here.

AIGLX: Trying DRI driver /usr/lib/arm-linux-gnueabi/dri/vivante_dri.so

AIGLX: dlopen of /usr/lib/arm-linux-gnueabi/dri/vivante_dri.so failed (/usr/lib/arm-linux-gnueabi/dri/vivante_dri.so: cannot open shared object file: No such file or directory)

AIGLX: Trying DRI driver /usr/lib/dri/vivante_dri.so

AIGLX: dlopen of /usr/lib/dri/vivante_dri.so failed (/usr/lib/dri/vivante_dri.so: cannot open shared object file: No such file or directory)

AIGLX: Trying DRI driver /usr/lib/arm-linux-gnueabi/dri-alternates/vivante_dri.so

AIGLX: dlopen of /usr/lib/arm-linux-gnueabi/dri-alternates/vivante_dri.so failed (/usr/lib/arm-linux-gnueabi/dri-alternates/vivante_dri.so: cannot open shared object file: No such file or directory)

AIGLX: Trying DRI driver /usr/lib/dri-alternates/vivante_dri.so

AIGLX: dlopen of /usr/lib/dri-alternates/vivante_dri.so failed (/usr/lib/dri-alternates/vivante_dri.so: cannot open shared object file: No such file or directory)

AIGLX: reverting to software rendering

AIGLX: Trying DRI driver /usr/lib/arm-linux-gnueabi/dri/swrast_dri.so

AIGLX: Loaded and initialized swrast

GLX: Initialized DRISWRAST GL provider for screen 0

As you can see it reverts to the software mode.

I've tried copying the vivante_dri.so into the listed directories, but I end up with this in my Xorg.0.log:

AIGLX: Trying DRI driver /usr/lib/arm-linux-gnuabi/dri/vivante_dri.so

AIGLX: vivante exports no extensions (/usr/lib/arm-linux-gnuabi/dri/vivante_dri.so: undefined symbol: __driDriverExtensions)

Any help on this issue would be great as it seems to be a big oversight in the Ubuntu Root FS released by Freescale.

Outcomes