AnsweredAssumed Answered

i.MX6Q SDB problems

Question asked by frankmiller on Jan 12, 2013
Latest reply on Dec 12, 2013 by Brini Hamdi

Greetings,

I'm having a little trouble with the i.MX6Q Sabre SDB board.  I have the board connected as follows:  an HDMI port cable to a large monitor (Dell 30" 2560x1600 native resolution), a USB terminal connection to a USB port on a PC, and a 22-pin SATA data/power connector running to a 2.5" HDD, and a USB keyboard plugged into the USB OTG port (using cable adapters).

I've also created an SD card with the binary uboot, kernel, and Ubuntu root file system which is what I'm trying to boot.

When I boot this system I get the following behavior.  Uboot comes up on the USB terminal connection and begins to boot.  The kernel then begins to boot and also dumps output to the USB terminal connection until the following output:

console [tty0] enabled, bootconsole disabled.

When I switch over to the HDMI screen, I see that the kernel is booting but I'm having trouble with the resolution.  It looks like the output is "too large" for the screen.  The first two or three characters on each line appear to be shifted off the left side of the monitor.  The output seems like its the end of the kernel messages but I'm not sure.  Then there's nothing.  The display does not continue.  There is no login prompt.  I don't have access via the USB terminal connection anymore and the USB keyboard does not appear to do anything.  I've tried playing around with the video= part of the boot arguments in uboot but have not had much luck so far.  I'm really just trying to get a terminal somewhere.  Should I try to ssh in via the Ethernet?

Can someone advise me on this?

Thanks,

FM

Outcomes