cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Getting Started Developing for i.mx233

Jump to solution
yanir
Contributor II

Hi am looking for some resources (tutorials, guides, etc) on setting up a development system and tool chain to develop for the i.mx233. I have the EVK and I am currently designing a custom board based on the EVK schematics. I would like to get some custom builds running on the board but I am at a loss on how to start. I have read through the app notes and downloaded the all I can find in the downloads section but It's still not very clear how to get the example images onto an SD card for booting. Can someone point me in the right direction? Any help is greatly appreciated.

Thanks

Yanir

Labels (1)
0 Kudos
1 Solution
OtavioSalvador
Senior Contributor II

I suggest you to go with Yocto; we have mx23evk supported and it should be easy to add your custom board later.

Please look at https://github.com/Freescale/fsl-community-bsp-platform it has the basic steps for setup.

View solution in original post

0 Kudos
7 Replies
OtavioSalvador
Senior Contributor II

I suggest you to go with Yocto; we have mx23evk supported and it should be easy to add your custom board later.

Please look at https://github.com/Freescale/fsl-community-bsp-platform it has the basic steps for setup.

0 Kudos
yanir
Contributor II

Otavio, I have followed the instructions in the readme and I am ready to perform my first build. Some followup questions:

1) There isn't any mention of the i.mx233 or the EVK specifically. Will this boot up will all the required drivers with out any further setup? 2) Are there any steps outlined to create a bootable SD card for the build?

-Edit: I found the conf file for the EVK233. How do I build with this? Is there a step by step guide somewhere for customizing a build?

Thanks

0 Kudos
OtavioSalvador
Senior Contributor II

You need to change the board you'd like to use. You need to change the MACHINE entry at your local.conf to imx23evk

0 Kudos
yanir
Contributor II

I eventually found the local.conf file. It would be good to add that as a step on the README on github.

0 Kudos
OtavioSalvador
Senior Contributor II

Yes; I agree. Maybe you could propose a patch? :smileyhappy:

0 Kudos
yanir
Contributor II

I just might do that...

0 Kudos
yanir
Contributor II

Thanks Otavio! This looks great.