How to compile boost library for i.MX6sl ??

cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

How to compile boost library for i.MX6sl ??

Jump to solution
markd_001
Contributor I

Hello,

i am new to program applications for the i.MX6SL. I have a c++ application which needs boost. I have compiled boost for a different board. On this board works android 2.3 and it works fine. For that i could find a howto. But on the i.MX6SL board is a different operating system. If i test it with

cat /proc/version

i get

Linux version 3.0.15-ts-armv7l (andrew@gumshoe) (gcc version 4.6.3 (Timesys 20120611) ) #11 SMP PREEMPT Wed Aug 15 15:54:17 EDT 2012

I tried to compile boost in the way i have done it for the android board but that doesn't work. So maybe there is someone who has experiences in compiling boost for  that os.

I have done it in the following way.

First i prepared the ubuntu computer with the cross compiler.

• sudo add-apt-repository ppa:linaro-maintainers/toolchain
  • sudo apt-get update
  • sudo apt-get install gcc-arm-linux-gnueabi
  • sudo apt-get install g++-arm-linux-gnueabi

Then i downloaded the NDK from the android homepage and installed it.

I downloaded the boost ( version (1.49) and installed it. I changed the following files:

tools/build/v2/user-config.jam

user-config.jam

--------------------------

import os ;

if [ os.name ] = CYGWIN || [ os.name ] = NT

{

androidPlatform = windows ;

}

else if [ os.name ] = LINUX

{

androidPlatform = linux-x86 ;

}

else if [ os.name ] = MACOSX

{

androidPlatform = darwin-x86 ;

}

modules.poke : NO_BZIP2 : 1 ;

ANDROID_NDK = ../.. ;

using gcc : android4.4.3 :

/home/markus-delpy/android_ndk/android-ndk-r8c/toolchains/arm-linux-androideabi-4.4.3/prebuilt/linux-x86/bin/arm-linux-androideabi-g++ :

<compileflags>--sysroot=/home/markus-delpy/android_ndk/android-ndk-r8c/platforms/android-9/arch-arm

<compileflags>-mthumb

<compileflags>-Os

<compileflags>-fno-strict-aliasing

<compileflags>-O2

<compileflags>-DNDEBUG

<compileflags>-g

<compileflags>-lstdc++

<compileflags>-I/home/markus-delpy/android_ndk/android-ndk-r8c/sources/cxx-stl/gnu-libstdc++/4.4.3/include

<compileflags>-I/home/markus-delpy/android_ndk/android-ndk-r8c/sources/cxx-stl/gnu-libstdc++/4.4.3/libs/armeabi/include

<compileflags>-D__GLIBC__

<compileflags>-DBOOST_NO_INTRINSIC_WCHAR_T

<compileflags>-DBOOST_FILESYSTEM_VERSION=2

<archiver>/home/markus-delpy/android_ndk/android-ndk-r8c/toolchains/arm-linux-androideabi-4.4.3/prebuilt/linux-x86/bin/arm-linux-androideabi-ar

<ranlib>/home/markus-delpy/android_ndk/android-ndk-r8c/toolchains/arm-linux-androideabi-4.4.3/prebuilt/linux-x86/bin/arm-linux-androideabi-ranlib

Then i changed the file libs/filesystem/v2/src/v2_operations.cpp

#   if !defined(__APPLE__) && !defined(__OpenBSD__)
#     include <sys/statvfs.h>
#     define BOOST_STATVFS statvfs
#     define BOOST_STATVFS_F_FRSIZE vfs.f_frsize
#   else
#ifdef __OpenBSD__
#     include <sys/param.h>
#endif 

in the following:

#   if !defined(__APPLE__) && !defined(__OpenBSD__) && !defined(__ANDROID__)
#     include <sys/statvfs.h>
#     define BOOST_STATVFS statvfs
#     define BOOST_STATVFS_F_FRSIZE vfs.f_frsize
#   else
#ifdef __OpenBSD__
#     include <sys/param.h>
#elif defined(__ANDROID__)
#     include <sys/vfs.h>
#endif 

I tried to compile it then with

./bjam --without-python --disable-filesystem3 toolset=gcc-android4.4.3 link=static runtime-link=static target-os=linux --stagedir=android

But during the compilation the following error occurs:

sh: 1: /home/markus-delpy/android_ndk/android-ndk-r8c/toolchains/arm-linux-androideabi-4.4.3/prebuilt/linux-x86/bin/arm-linux-androideabi-g++: not found

sh: 1: /home/markus-delpy/android_ndk/android-ndk-r8c/toolchains/arm-linux-androideabi-4.4.3/prebuilt/linux-x86/bin/arm-linux-androideabi-g++: not found

I have controlled the PATH variable and all other environment variables but i can't find the mistake.

Thanks for your help

markus

Labels (1)
0 Kudos
1 Solution
OtavioSalvador
Senior Contributor II

Not sure you'll have fully compatible binaries but if it works, good. Pay attention to license complience for your project due changes in GPL and LGPL projects....

View solution in original post

0 Kudos
3 Replies
OtavioSalvador
Senior Contributor II

Do you need it to be Android or it can be in Linux? In the case it can be in Linux you might be interested in learn more about Yocto project as boost is already packaged and ready for us in it.

It doesn't have support to SoloLite but it is not hard to add (I can work on this if you wish) but it has Quad already supported and except by the changes in the BSP for SoloLite the right is full compatible.

0 Kudos
markd_001
Contributor I

Hello Otavio,

thank you for your help. I don't know the Yocto project and will inform me about it. Unfortunately it is not possible for me to change the os. I have to work with the os which is on the system.

I found two solutions for my problem. In the first it is possible to compile boost with an crosscompiler.

You have only to follow the instructions given here:

http://www.cnx-software.com/2011/10/03/cross-compiling-boost-c-libraries-for-arm/

The only thing i have to change is the last command. With

./bjam install toolset=gcc-arm -sNO_ZLIB=1 -sNO_BZIP2=1

it works for me.

The second solution is much shorter i found the following rpm.

libboost-1.45.0-1mamba.src.rpm

On the webside

openmamba - Ready to use GNU/Linux

I have no difficulties to install the libs. Now i am trying to work with the libs.

Best Regards

markus

0 Kudos
OtavioSalvador
Senior Contributor II

Not sure you'll have fully compatible binaries but if it works, good. Pay attention to license complience for your project due changes in GPL and LGPL projects....

0 Kudos