Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

SD Card Boot Error - help needed

Jump to solution
arumugamramasam
Contributor II

Hi,

I am trying to run the OS from SD card instead of the on board nand flash in iMX25PDK. I have erased the contents of the Nand flash using ATK tool erase option. Then loaded the uBoot, uImage and Files system on a 4 GB SD Card using a linux machine. When I change the dip switch settings to SD Card and placed the SD card in to the personality board slot and power on, it detects the uBoot and tries to run. But throwing an error when loading the kernel. I don't know what setting will bypass the Nand flash and load the kernel from SD Card, where I have already loaded uImage and File sysem.

The error message is attached with this thread.

Kindly help me to solve this issue.

Thanks,

Arumugam R

Original Attachment has been moved to: ErrorLog_FlashErased_SDCardBoot.txt.zip

Labels (1)
0 Kudos
1 Solution
Yuri
NXP Employee
NXP Employee

Please configure U-boot for SD boot.

For example (under U-boot):

setenv bootargs_mmc 'setenv bootargs ${bootargs} root=/dev/mmcblk0p1 ip=none rootfstype=ext2'

setenv bootcmd_mmc 'run bootargs_base bootargs_mmc;mmcinit;cp.b 0x100000 ${loadaddr} 0x200000;bootm ${loadaddr}'

setenv bootcmd 'run bootcmd_mmc'

saveenv

View solution in original post

0 Kudos
2 Replies
Yuri
NXP Employee
NXP Employee

Please configure U-boot for SD boot.

For example (under U-boot):

setenv bootargs_mmc 'setenv bootargs ${bootargs} root=/dev/mmcblk0p1 ip=none rootfstype=ext2'

setenv bootcmd_mmc 'run bootargs_base bootargs_mmc;mmcinit;cp.b 0x100000 ${loadaddr} 0x200000;bootm ${loadaddr}'

setenv bootcmd 'run bootcmd_mmc'

saveenv

0 Kudos
fabio_estevam
NXP Employee
NXP Employee

The error message says that 'serverip' environment variable has not beem set, which means it is trying to get the kernel via TFTP.

If you want to retrieve uImage via SD card you need to set your boot script to do so.

Regards,

Fabio Estevam

0 Kudos