Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Portable ECG Med-EKG board dimensions

Jump to solution
eddieang
Contributor I

Hi,

I will like to check the dimensions of the MED-EKG board, and whether I can use it as a stand-alone solution- powered independently and connected to external pheripherals via the SPI interface.

Thanks in advance

Ed

Tags (1)
0 Kudos
1 Solution
Joshevelle
Senior Contributor I

Hello Ed,

The MED-EKG measures 55x63mm, it could be powered in stand-alone mode if you apply a 3.3V power supply on pins 1 and 2 of Medical Connector (J1); refer to the schematic below for proper connections.

However, even if you apply the required voltage it won’t operate, because the on-board DSC requires a start command from master MCU, which is received by I2C interface. The DSC is factory programmed as a I2C slave; if you want to implement SPI communication and running stand-alone, you’d need to implement your own application and reprogram the DSC, by using a JTAG/ONCE debug tool (like CodeWarrior USB TAP).

I’d highly recommend you to use the MED-EKG board together with a TWR-K53N512, TWR-MCF51MM or TWR-S08MM128 tower boards for easier evaluation (application note AN4323).

The IIC communication pins in the integrated MC56F8006 are pins 1 and 3 (SDA & SCL respectively). You can connect to those pins externally thru Medical Connector (J1):

pin 3 - ECG_IIC_SDA

pin 4 - ECG_IIC_SCL

For more information, take a look at the following schematic.

Hope it helps!

View solution in original post

0 Kudos
2 Replies
pacoshnaidler
Contributor I

Joshevelle, do you know whats the Target slave address for the MED-EKG board? I'm using processor expert with the kl25z, and I have added an I2C_LDD component similar to the accelerator example, however I tried to look on the schematic and all the documentations, and I cannot find the I2C address for the MED-EKG board. Thank you.

0 Kudos
Joshevelle
Senior Contributor I

Hello Ed,

The MED-EKG measures 55x63mm, it could be powered in stand-alone mode if you apply a 3.3V power supply on pins 1 and 2 of Medical Connector (J1); refer to the schematic below for proper connections.

However, even if you apply the required voltage it won’t operate, because the on-board DSC requires a start command from master MCU, which is received by I2C interface. The DSC is factory programmed as a I2C slave; if you want to implement SPI communication and running stand-alone, you’d need to implement your own application and reprogram the DSC, by using a JTAG/ONCE debug tool (like CodeWarrior USB TAP).

I’d highly recommend you to use the MED-EKG board together with a TWR-K53N512, TWR-MCF51MM or TWR-S08MM128 tower boards for easier evaluation (application note AN4323).

The IIC communication pins in the integrated MC56F8006 are pins 1 and 3 (SDA & SCL respectively). You can connect to those pins externally thru Medical Connector (J1):

pin 3 - ECG_IIC_SDA

pin 4 - ECG_IIC_SCL

For more information, take a look at the following schematic.

Hope it helps!

0 Kudos