cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Playing Video imx6q Scene/Overview ?

cagrisma
Contributor I

Hi all,

I am new at imx6q sabre lite board. We have a project about video streaming. But I have never use video units on microcontrollers. So, i dont have any idea about this.

In a project , we'll take video from mmc card or somewhere else, and play it on a analog display.

Between board and analog display, There is a video encoder which encodes video data shuc as ITU-R BT 656 and ITU-R BT 601

Before video streaming, i want to draw a rectangle or something else to see how it is working.

But this interface, i can't imagine the scene.

So i need your help, How can i do ? How is it like ?

(1) video >> VPU >> GPU >> IPU >> Encoder >> Display

(2) video >> IPU >> Encoder >> Display

(3) or diffirent ???

Also is there any lib or something else to use...

Regards...

Labels (4)
0 Kudos
1 Reply

jack_mao
NXP Employee
NXP Employee

hi,

There are two different scenes based on linux or android

In linux,

I think you may use the gstreamer  framework, create the pipeline from the mmc file source to the VPU deoder, then to the video display sink, the default output is YUV, you could use IPU to convert it to RGB, be noted that this transfer doesn't support the scaling now. The UI should combine with the video by the IPU on the overlay.

In Android,

it has the frame work to support the multimedia decoder and playback, and so on. So what you should do is to know about the android  multimedia framework, all done by linux is wrapped in the android framework.