Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

MQX with Flexbus on Kinetis K70

Jump to solution
awesomeclaw
Contributor I

Hello,

I'm trying to use the FlexBus interface to communicate between a TWR-K70 module and a TWR-LCD module when using MQX 4.0. However, I've found that MQX is somehow interfering with this (i.e., the same communication code works with a bare board project but not in MQX). What does MQX use the Flexbus interface for on the K70 and is there some way of disabling this use so that the FlexBus can be used for a user application?

Thanks!

[Edit] Formatting

Labels (1)
1 Solution
LuisCasado
NXP Employee
NXP Employee

Hi Harry,

You should include the d4dlcdhw_mqx_fb file in your MQX project, and check if in MQX 4.0 BSP_EXTERNAL_LCD_DC, BSP_EXTERNAL_LCD_BASE, etc are defined.

Best Regards,

Luis

View solution in original post

0 Kudos
3 Replies
apanecatl
Senior Contributor II

Hi Harry, how are you trying to connect the Flexbus and the TWR-LCD? are you connecting the TWR-LCD module directly to the TWR-K70 board using the primary/secondary elevator connectors?.

Please be advised you cannot do so, the problem is TWR-K70F120M can only interconnect directly with TWR-LCD-RGB since the controller board uses the LCDC dedicated bus instead of the Flexbus, so if you want to use the TWR-LCD you have to manually connect the TWR-K70F120M Flexbus lines to the TWR-LCD module.

awesomeclaw
Contributor I

Hi Pedro, I am connecting the TWR-K70 board with the TWR-LCD board using the elevator connectors and communicating via FlexBus, not using the LCDC but communicating with the screen directly. This works and I am able to display graphics on the screen when using a bare board project. I only have problems when also using MQX. Thanks, Harry

0 Kudos
LuisCasado
NXP Employee
NXP Employee

Hi Harry,

You should include the d4dlcdhw_mqx_fb file in your MQX project, and check if in MQX 4.0 BSP_EXTERNAL_LCD_DC, BSP_EXTERNAL_LCD_BASE, etc are defined.

Best Regards,

Luis

0 Kudos