cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

How to create .elf file

Champaka
Contributor III

Hi,

I have worked on mpc5200 and mpc5125 processors ( code warrior v2.8 and code warrior v9.2). I am not able to generate .elf file in the output folder of the project in both the IDEs. With the default target, after compiling and linking .elf file is being generated. But if i create a new target (ROM_Version), .elf file is not getting generated. Am i missing out something in the settings panel ??

Some of the older projects which were developed in CW v2.8 generates .elf file in output folder if other target (for rom version) is selected. [These projects were developed long back and there is no one to guide me on this ].This is not happening if i create a new project. What am i missing ?? I need this file to download to nor flash.

Labels (1)
1 Reply

stanish
NXP Employee
NXP Employee

Hello,

If you create a new target within existing project you have basically two options. Either create the Empty target or clone existing one:

CW_Classic_New_Target.png

If you select "Empty target" then you need to setup all the project target settings manually.

Therefore I'd suggest you to clone the existing target that is most similar to new config you need and adjust the target settings only.

For .elf file you need to change the file name since cloned project shares the original file name:

CW_Classic_adjust_output_filename.png

Regards,

Stan