Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Processor Expert don't allow 2 modules to use the same pins

Jump to solution
Valeriu
Contributor I

Hello

I have a Kwikstick board with K40 and its used for Freescale Cup. The problem of board is that lack of easy obtainable connectors and my idea was to solder wire directly to the LCD pins. So when the car is stopped I will use the LCD for configuration and after I press start the LCD will be disabled and that pins now will drive the motors with PWM. How correctly should I setup processor expert to not show the error and allow the compilation to finish.

Thanks

0 Kudos
1 Solution
Petr_H
NXP Employee
NXP Employee

Hello,

The problem is that using LCD pins this way would probably damage the LCD. That's why Processor Expert doesn't have possibility for sharing LCD pins. I't not expected that the users would do so, because you would have to have special circuits for separating LCD when you are using pins for example as GPIO or PWM.

Generally, in many other cases, the pins sharing is possible using the "Pin sharing enabled" option in the pin pop-up menu in Component Inspector. You can see more details in Help > Help Contents > CodeWarrior for Micro... > Processor Expert Manuals > Processor Expert User Manual > Application Design > Configuring components > Pin Sharing.

You can also see Help > Cheat sheets > CodeWarrior Processor Expert Features > Processor Expert Component Settings Tips / Resolving Pin Sharing Conflicts.

best regards

Petr Hradsky

Processor Expert Support Team

View solution in original post

0 Kudos
2 Replies
Valeriu
Contributor I

Thanks, it's solved some problems, but I'm not able to switch between PWM and LCD. At the begging I use the LCD to setup some parameters, and after that I need to switch using PWM. When I call LCD_LDD disable the message on lcd disappear but FTM1_Init do not enable the PWM output. What are the correct steps to switch from LCD to PWM.

Thank you.

0 Kudos
Petr_H
NXP Employee
NXP Employee

Hello,

The problem is that using LCD pins this way would probably damage the LCD. That's why Processor Expert doesn't have possibility for sharing LCD pins. I't not expected that the users would do so, because you would have to have special circuits for separating LCD when you are using pins for example as GPIO or PWM.

Generally, in many other cases, the pins sharing is possible using the "Pin sharing enabled" option in the pin pop-up menu in Component Inspector. You can see more details in Help > Help Contents > CodeWarrior for Micro... > Processor Expert Manuals > Processor Expert User Manual > Application Design > Configuring components > Pin Sharing.

You can also see Help > Cheat sheets > CodeWarrior Processor Expert Features > Processor Expert Component Settings Tips / Resolving Pin Sharing Conflicts.

best regards

Petr Hradsky

Processor Expert Support Team

0 Kudos