EnriqueOchoaVaz
Contributor V

The new Android R13.4.1 GA release is now available on www.freescale.com

·         Files available

Name

Description

Files

IMX6_R13.41_ANDROID_DOC_BUNDLE

i.MX   6Quad, i.MX 6Dual, and i.MX 6DualLite    Android 13.4.1 BSP Documentation. Android BSP Documentation includes   Release Notes and User's Guide, QSG, Advance User Guide and FAQ Sheet.

Link

IMX6_R13.41_ANDROID_SOURCE_CODE

i.MX   6Quad, i.MX 6Dual, and i.MX 6DualLite    Android 13.4.1 BSP, Documentation and Source Code for BSP and Codecs.

Link

IMX6_R13.41_ANDROID_DEMO_IMAGE

i.MX   6Quad, i.MX 6Dual, and i.MX 6DualLite Android 13.4.1 BSP Binary Demo Files

Link

AACP_CODECS_ANDROID_13.41

AAC   Plus Codec for i.MX 6Quad, i.MX 6Dual, and i.MX 6DualLite  Android 13.4.1 BSP

Link

IMX6_R13.41_ANDROID_PATCHES

Add-on   patches to resolve issues in i.MX 6Quad, i.MX 6Dual, and i.MX 6DualLite  Android 13.4.1 BSP

Link

·         Target HW boards

o   i. MX6DL  SabreSD board

o   i. MX6Q  SabreSD board

·         Release Description

o   i.MX Android 13.4.1 is the maintenance release based on R13.4-GA for Android 4.0.4 Ice Cream Sandwich (ICS) on i.MX 6Dual/6Quad SABRE-SD and i.MX 6DualLite SABRESD Boards and Platforms. The main purpose for this release is to provide a full functional and high quality Android delivery on i.MX 6Dual/6Quad and i.MX DualLite with bug fixes and enhancement.

·         Key changes:

o   Upgraded kernel and U-boot to i.MX 6DualLite Linux GA release.

o   Support SDP board with new DDR script (one known issue relative with board design: The UI is Landscape while the camera preview is portrait)

o   OMX: Upgrade flv parser to 1.8.7; Add amr format support; Integrated bug fixes

o   VPU firmware: Upgrade VPU firmware to v2.1.8_r34588; Fix system hang issue when switching between “Setting” and flash playback with very lower possibility

o   PowerProfile: Get the cpufreq info by scaling cpufreq table

o   3G modem: Integrated ZTE MF210 firmware and enable basic functions; Support SIM card lock feature; Support to display 3G icon at the status bar

o   Support to configure GPU reserved memory by command option

o   Support Hannstar XGA LVDS panel to transmit the display from bootloader to Kernel

o   Fix IndexBuffer memory leakage in hardware UI OpenGL Render

o   Storage: Add discard and nomblk_io_submit when mounting /data partition. "discard" is to enable the TRIM command in ext4 file system to refine on flash storage. nomblk_io_submit will have +5% performance with eMMC in database

o   Storage: Fix the issue " USB Storage will be also mounted if only mount SD Card when both of them are not mounted".

o   GPU: add GPU low memory killer in GPU driver. It will be triggered when the system is out of physical continuous memory

o   GPU: fix random UI flicker on some resolution (for example 1280x800).

o   GPU: fix the issue "The video playback is not smooth at the time when Gallery progress bar exist"

o   AUDIO: add SPDIF support in audio HAL

o   AUDIO: fix the issue "redundant audio pop output if exiting Gallery when playback video"

o   Camera: fix the issue "Camera stop pop up when start to record a video if suspend&resume multiple times on camcorder preview"

o   Support mx6solo emulation based on mx6dl SabreSD board by disabling smp and integrating 32bit DDR configure

o   Drop build_satadriver_to_enable_PDDQ.patch and disable_ldo_1p1.patch from release package because 13.4.1 formal release has included these two patches after the USB code is refined.

o   Update DDR scripts for i.MX 6DualLite and i.MX 6Dual/6Quad SabreSD board. New DDR script changes ODT value from 0x00007 to 0x11117 to improve DDR stability on SDP board. With this change, DDR power consumption is increased.

·         Known issues

For known issues and limitations please consult the release notes

Labels (5)
0 Replies