Phil`D

Errors with MQX 3.2.1 and CW10.2

Discussion created by Phil`D on Dec 12, 2012
Latest reply on Sep 11, 2014 by Phil`D

I am trying to rebuild code for a custom MCF52259 board in CW10.2 that had originally been developed with the CW7.1 tools (first step in porting code to another processor). I converted all the library project files from CW7.1 to CW7.2 (as outlined in TN268), then imported the projects into CW10.2 and made sure the project options matched. I rebuilt all the libraries (MQX and additional protocol stack) in CW10.2 with no errors. I then followed the same procedure for my 52259 application project, spending a lot of time making sure the path variables are correct and built for internal flash release. I get the following errors:

mingw32-make: *** [intflash.elf] Error 1

Undefined : "__boot"

"__boot" is my entry point. It works just fine under the CW7.1 build and it was successfully imported into the CW10.2 project settings. The source code hasn't changed. I suspect that the actual problem has nothing to do with the entry point symbol since I got the same error messages whenever the linker couldn't find a library, for example. The console output doesn't shed any additional light on the problem either:

C:/Freescale/CW MCU v10.2/MCU/ColdFire_Tools/Command_Line_Tools/mwldmcf|Linker|Error

>Undefined : "__boot"

Errors caused tool to abort.

mingw32-make: *** [intflash.elf] Error 1

Is there a compatibility issue between MQX 3.2 and CW10.2

If not, does anyone have any ideas what these nebulous error messages might be trying to tell me is wrong?

Thanks,

Phil

Outcomes