i am trying to generating AppTRK.elf file for p2041rdb-pb but i am getting following error?

cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

i am trying to generating AppTRK.elf file for p2041rdb-pb but i am getting following error?

shashankreddyvu
Contributor I

QorIQ-DPAA-SDK-20111026-systembuilder/freescale-2011.03/bin/powerpc-linux-gnu-gcc-4.5.2 -s \

-L../../../rootfs/usr/lib -o "AppTRK.elf"  Output/Source/Portable/break.o Output/Source/Portable/dispatch.o Output/Source/Portable/input.o Output/Source/Portable/main_TRK.o Output/Source/Portable/mainloop.o Output/Source/Portable/mem_TRK.o Output/Source/Portable/msgbuf.o Output/Source/Portable/msghndlr.o Output/Source/Portable/msgparse.o Output/Source/Portable/mutex_TRK.o Output/Source/Portable/notify.o Output/Source/Portable/nubassrt.o Output/Source/Portable/nubevent.o Output/Source/Portable/nubinit.o Output/Source/Portable/obarray.o Output/Source/Portable/rfc1662.o Output/Source/Portable/step.o Output/Source/Portable/string_TRK.o Output/Source/Portable/support.o Output/Source/Portable/transport.o Output/Source/Portable/usr_put.o  Output/Source/Linux/linux_comm.o Output/Source/Linux/linux_elf.o Output/Source/Linux/linux_main.o Output/Source/Linux/linux_msghndlr.o Output/Source/Linux/linux_notify.o Output/Source/Linux/linux_so.o Output/Source/Linux/linux_targimpl.o Output/Source/Linux/linux_thread.o Output/Source/Linux/linux_timeout.o  Output/Source/Linux_PA/linux_ppc_targimpl.o  Output/Source/PA/targtrace.o   -lelf -lutil -lthread_db

/home/mistral/shashank/Material/FREESCALE_BACKUP/CD/final/QorIQ-DPAA-SDK-20111026-systembuilder/freescale-2011.03/bin/../lib/gcc/powerpc-linux-gnu/4.5.2/../../../../powerpc-linux-gnu/bin/ld: cannot find -lelf

collect2: ld returned 1 exit status

make: *** [AppTRK.elf] Error 1

i am cross compiling AppTRK for p2041rdb board, i have attached makefile also.

i am getting above error while doing make.

Thank you,

Shashank

Original Attachment has been moved to: Makefile.zip

Labels (1)
0 Kudos
2 Replies

mattsm
Contributor III

What toolchain are you building with? Are you building this alone?

I suspect you need to pass a --sysroot=/path/to/sysroot to the compiler/linker.

-M

0 Kudos

shashankreddyvu
Contributor I

thank you for your replay, i got solution for that problem that i compiled using bitbake and included while building image.

apptrk is working fine now but there is a problem while download any file with codewarrior.

i am running apptrk and trying to attach with codewarrior it's working fine, but when i try download it's giving below error

"failed to create new process"

the file is getting download but it's not running.

i am using usb jtag device.

0 Kudos