cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Audio policy Error and no audio in imx53

visakh
Contributor III

Hello,

We have developed a custom board based on IMX53 ARD platform(With minor changes in RAM,added HDMI,WiFi etc). I made respective changes to the kernel and uBoot for the custom board.

Initially the system loops in "Waiting the  service media.audio_policy' at Android Screen. The UI was not coming up. The following changes were made in   device/fsl/imx5x inside BoardConfigCommon.mk and then android OS is completely up(2.3).

made this line true         BOARD_USES_GENERIC_AUDIO := true

Commented this line       #BOARD_USES_ALSA_AUDIO :=true

BOARD_USES_ALSA_AUDIO :=false

BUILD_WITH_ALSA_UTILS :=false

Now facing problem default apps and credentials. ie The android music player force stops ,camera, videos cannot play from internet etc. Modifying  /etc/vold.fstab.for my sdcard, it get mounted and  the video is playing, but the sound is not coming through HP out as well as line out of SGTL5000.

Can anybody please suggest why this error is happening. Is this the cause of  disabling  ALSA audios?. because I tested via Custom-OBDS for the sound and it was worked.   Expecting reply's ASAP

Visakh.S.V

NeST

0 Kudos
1 Reply

visakh
Contributor III

Hi all,

No reply from any one.

This issue was solved for me by registering those alsa devices in arch/arm/machmx5/mx53_board.c.

The audio codec(SGTL5K) and its line and HP out are working fine.  The music player is only crashes for me now////any clue????

0 Kudos