Connecting i.MX53 Start (loco) to adb on Ubuntu 12.10 VirtualBox Guest (Win7 Host)

cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Connecting i.MX53 Start (loco) to adb on Ubuntu 12.10 VirtualBox Guest (Win7 Host)

Jump to solution
michaelrobbelot
Contributor IV

I was wondering if anyone had a technique for getting the i.MX53 Start (loco) board to connect to adb on a Ubuntu 12.10 Guest VM on VirtualBox via USB and/or Ethernet. Although I created the appropriate udev rule, adb.ini modification, and started adb using root, I still receive the No permissions message when issuing the "adb devices" command (For Ethernet, I tried port forwarding and can ping the device board, but not connect to it using adb). On USB, the device is seen by the host and Ubuntu Guest properly (lsusb on the guest shows the correct board).

Does anyone have any thoughts on getting this to work? Does anyone have any similar experience with the iMX6 devices (I'm asking as I'm just using a I.mx53 as a learning platform until we start to get the i.MX6 delivered to as by our vendor). Thank you.

Michael Robbeloth

Labels (2)
0 Kudos
1 Solution
lily_zhang
NXP Employee
NXP Employee

We have similar environment to contact with MX6 device. And adb can work.

Can you please check whether you add the following into your environment? For MX53, Please check the relative documents and ensure right PID was set.

please add this file /etc/udev/rules.d/90-anroidl.rules

with this contents:

SUBSYSTEM=="usb|usb_device", SYSFS{idVendor}=="0bb4", MODE="0666", GROUP="plugdev"

SUBSYSTEM=="usb|usb_device", SYSFS{idVendor}=="15a2", MODE="0666"
SUBSYSTEM=="usb|usb_device", SYSFS{idVendor}=="18d1", MODE="0666"
SUBSYSTEM=="usb|usb_device", SYSFS{idVendor}=="04e8", MODE="0666"
SUBSYSTEM=="usb|usb_device", ATTR{idVendor}=="18d1", ATTR{idProduct}=="4e12", SYMLINK+="android_adb"
SUBSYSTEM=="usb|usb_device", ATTR{idVendor}=="18d1", ATTR{idProduct}=="0002", SYMLINK+="android_adb"

SUBSYSTEM=="usb|usb_device", ATTR{idVendor}=="04e8", ATTR{idProduct}=="681c", SYMLINK+="android_adb"
SUBSYSTEM=="usb|usb_device", ATTR{idVendor}=="15a2", ATTR{idProduct}=="0c01", SYMLINK+="android_adb"
SUBSYSTEM=="usb|usb_device", ATTR{idVendor}=="0bb4", ATTR{idProduct}=="0fff", SYMLINK+="android_fastboot"
SUBSYSTEM=="usb|usb_device", ATTR{idVendor}=="0471", ATTR{idProduct}=="20c2", SYMLINK+="android_adb"

SUBSYSTEM=="usb|usb_device", ATTR{idVendor}=="0bb4", ATTR{idProduct}=="0c87", SYMLINK+="android_adb"

And then:

sudo service udev restart

Best Regards

Lily

View solution in original post

0 Kudos
3 Replies
michaelrobbelot
Contributor IV

Yixing,

Our company finally moved on to use an iMX.6 based device that we are moving toward production. This device connects just fine through the VM. This suggestion made by Xiaoli is sound and should work, but I may have had something set that was unusual with my VM.

Michael

0 Kudos
YixingKong
Senior Contributor IV

@michaelrobbeloth, Did lily's answer your questions? If yes, please click Correct Answer button so that we can close the DI.

Thanks,

0 Kudos
lily_zhang
NXP Employee
NXP Employee

We have similar environment to contact with MX6 device. And adb can work.

Can you please check whether you add the following into your environment? For MX53, Please check the relative documents and ensure right PID was set.

please add this file /etc/udev/rules.d/90-anroidl.rules

with this contents:

SUBSYSTEM=="usb|usb_device", SYSFS{idVendor}=="0bb4", MODE="0666", GROUP="plugdev"

SUBSYSTEM=="usb|usb_device", SYSFS{idVendor}=="15a2", MODE="0666"
SUBSYSTEM=="usb|usb_device", SYSFS{idVendor}=="18d1", MODE="0666"
SUBSYSTEM=="usb|usb_device", SYSFS{idVendor}=="04e8", MODE="0666"
SUBSYSTEM=="usb|usb_device", ATTR{idVendor}=="18d1", ATTR{idProduct}=="4e12", SYMLINK+="android_adb"
SUBSYSTEM=="usb|usb_device", ATTR{idVendor}=="18d1", ATTR{idProduct}=="0002", SYMLINK+="android_adb"

SUBSYSTEM=="usb|usb_device", ATTR{idVendor}=="04e8", ATTR{idProduct}=="681c", SYMLINK+="android_adb"
SUBSYSTEM=="usb|usb_device", ATTR{idVendor}=="15a2", ATTR{idProduct}=="0c01", SYMLINK+="android_adb"
SUBSYSTEM=="usb|usb_device", ATTR{idVendor}=="0bb4", ATTR{idProduct}=="0fff", SYMLINK+="android_fastboot"
SUBSYSTEM=="usb|usb_device", ATTR{idVendor}=="0471", ATTR{idProduct}=="20c2", SYMLINK+="android_adb"

SUBSYSTEM=="usb|usb_device", ATTR{idVendor}=="0bb4", ATTR{idProduct}=="0c87", SYMLINK+="android_adb"

And then:

sudo service udev restart

Best Regards

Lily

0 Kudos