Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

FRDM-KL25Z - Cant load precompiled examples

Jump to solution
stephenhewitson
Contributor III

Hi,

The title might be completely wrong, but I'm going to explain what I can and cant do and hopefully it will make sense.

I plug the board in using the SDA usb port. A virtual com port enumerates as a "OpenSDA - CDC Serial Port" (v1.1.2600.1). I also have v11.1.0.0 of Jungo installed. I dont have the PEMicro OpenSDA Debug Driver installed. A flash drive ("FRDM-KL25Z") appears with a couple of HTML files, some driver info, and a LASTSTAT.txt.

No software seems to be running on the Freescale ARM - no LEDs are flashing.

If I cycle the power holding the reset button, then the green LED flashes, and a flash drive "BOOTLOADER" appears. I copy "DEBUG-APP_Pemicro_v102" into the drive and cycle the power again. I dont get any prompts for the PEMicro OpenSDA Debug Driver.

Going back into BOOTLOADER, I load the "MSD-FRDM-KL25Z_Pemicro_v105" back into the device. Next I go into BOOTLOADER and try copying the *.srec files.

But nothing I do gets the tricoloured LED back up and flashing, or installs the OpenSDA debug drivers.

Am I doing something drastically wrong, and how can I get it back to the world of the living?

I've installed CodeWarrior 10.3 Beta and would desperately like to start some development.

Regards,

Stephen

Labels (1)
0 Kudos
1 Solution
BlackNight
NXP Employee
NXP Employee

Hello,

do you use any windows explorer extensions? I have seen cases where such extensions affect the file copied. Can you try to copy the file using the command/DOS prompt?

Hope this helps,

Erich

View solution in original post

0 Kudos
5 Replies
BlackNight
NXP Employee
NXP Employee

Hello,

do you use any windows explorer extensions? I have seen cases where such extensions affect the file copied. Can you try to copy the file using the command/DOS prompt?

Hope this helps,

Erich

0 Kudos
stephenhewitson
Contributor III

Erich,

You have no idea how mad that was driving me. Is this just because I was using TeraCopy?

Thanks again for your quick response.

Stephen

0 Kudos
BlackNight
NXP Employee
NXP Employee

Hi Stephen,

do you say it is working now (with the DOS/cmd prompt)?

So yes, it seems using 'special' utilities like TeraCopy or other File extensions have an impact how the data is transmitted. And it seems like the OpenSDA bootloader has issues with it.

Erich

0 Kudos
stephenhewitson
Contributor III

Erich,

Using the command prompt worked for me. Presumably the issue on the k20 can't be fixed without new code and a jtag programmer. Just thinking out loud, would it be possible to use a second freedom board to reprogram the opensda debugger on the k20

Sent from Samsung Mobile

0 Kudos
BlackNight
NXP Employee
NXP Employee

Hi Stephen,

no, the K20 cannot be re-programmed, as it is secured with mass erase disabled. See

Use removed MK20 part from freedom board

Erich

0 Kudos