cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Confusion about TBDML with JB16

WarpNine
Contributor I
    Hi,

I'm new to FreeScale Controller and want to build a small development platform for learning. I want to build the TBDML-Interface, but it's confusing to me. Where can I find complete, up-to-date schematics? I couldn't find any schematics with JB16, only with JB08. They have different packages & pin counts, so I don't know how to wire the JB16.
Which functions can I realize with TBDML? Does it support Single Step, Breakpoint, etc as the PeMicro BDM-Tool does? Is it supported by CodeWarrior IDE?

Thank you

WN
0 Kudos
3 Replies

Witztronics
Contributor IV
WN,

Yes the TBDML is supported by CW and supports stepping, break points, trace, ect..  everything you would find in the "paid for" BDMs.

You can find a schematic for our OSBDM (using JB16) here:

We have recently modified the TBDML software to work with this hardware.  The software is still in testing, but is looking good for production.

I've attached the modified software for you to look over if you choose.

The biggest difference between our WTBDMS08 and the TBDML is the change in bus transceivers.

Our software and schematics are free of charge thanks to the wonderful folks on this, and the OSBDM forum.  Thanks to them, they have helped make development tools that students and hobbiest can afford!

Brian

Message Edited by t.dowe on 2009-10-26 02:00 PM
0 Kudos

eckhard
Contributor V
Hello,

just use the same Portpins as on the JB8.
You can build an Adapter to put the JB16 in the JB8 socket.
I´ve drawn a schematic here http://www.eckhard-gosch.de/en/readarticle.php?article_id=13

Eckhard
0 Kudos

WarpNine
Contributor I
Hi Eckhard,

I took a look at your schematic, some connections are not clear, the connections are between the pins. I will connect the signals from original TBDML to their corresponding Pins on the JB16.

Thank you...
0 Kudos