AnsweredAssumed Answered

MK60DN512VMD10 - Which Header File

Question asked by Neil Lewis on Nov 29, 2012
Latest reply on Nov 30, 2012 by Neil Lewis

I've just started programming with the Kinetis K60 MK60DN512VMD10 and have a problem with the differences between register definitions in the Reference Manual and the header files supplied with both Codewarrior and IAR compilers :-

"K60 Sub-Family Reference Manual" "Supports: MK60DN512VMD10" - (K60P144M100SF2V2RM Rev. 2 Jun 2012)

and

MK60N512VMD100.h

There are many detail differences but a good example is the MCG Registers.  These go up to MCG_C6 in the header file but go up to MCG_C10 in the Reference Manual.  Furthermore, many of the "bit mask" definitions in the header file don't have the "0" appended from the Reference Manual, eg, "MCG_C"_RANGE0" etc. Some even have completely different names..!

For now I'm building based on the example code provided by Freescale and I must use this header file because the register names match those in the various examples and in the "Kinetis Peripheral Module Quick Reference" (KQRUG, Rev. 0, 11/2010).

To get correctly named registers I would need to substitute the header file "MK60D10.h", but even that only goes up to MCG_C8... :-)

Since I don't want to be coding my project with incorrect register definitions, which is correct?

Perhaps these chips changed over time and I need the definitions for the correct age of chip?

Is there a header file which matches the registers in the Reference Manual?

Neil

Outcomes