cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

i.MX6 board with Gnome FSL profile

Jump to solution
zico
Contributor I

I would like to switch to virtual terminal or disable start to X11/Gnome. I have tried both (chvt 3, modifying rc.d init scripts,..), but the screen remains black for anything but X11 desktop. How do I get to virtual terminal? I verified from menuconfig that virtual terminal should be enabled. What am I missing?

Labels (2)
0 Kudos
1 Solution
FranciscoCarril
Contributor V

do you see the penguins at least?

I am guessing you removed/commented out the  start xterm call  at the file fslgnome  in rc.d/init.d/   directory

If not that is what you should do, comment this out and then, stop redirecting the console to serial port, so in the bootargs_base   remove the console=ttymxc0  section. 

Then the console will be redirected to the main screen and you can see the logs in the i.mx screen.  But as far as  I know it is not possible to have the login/prompt in the screen as well.

View solution in original post

0 Kudos
1 Reply
FranciscoCarril
Contributor V

do you see the penguins at least?

I am guessing you removed/commented out the  start xterm call  at the file fslgnome  in rc.d/init.d/   directory

If not that is what you should do, comment this out and then, stop redirecting the console to serial port, so in the bootargs_base   remove the console=ttymxc0  section. 

Then the console will be redirected to the main screen and you can see the logs in the i.mx screen.  But as far as  I know it is not possible to have the login/prompt in the screen as well.

0 Kudos