Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

i.mx6q directfb gfxdriver

Jump to solution
chuckkring
Contributor I

Hello,

How to I configure directfb to enable GPU acceleration of blitting and  compositing operations?

Thanks,

Chuck

Labels (1)
Tags (1)
1 Solution
imxcommunitysco
Senior Contributor II

Freescale i.MX6 BSP by default enables the DirectFB 1.4.0 GPU acceleration. To makesure, check the  $(ROOTFS)/usr/lib/directfb-1.4-0/gfxdrivers/libdirectfb_gal.so is present and run df_dok benchmark application from DirectFB-examples to see the difference.

View solution in original post

0 Kudos
6 Replies
imxcommunitysco
Senior Contributor II

Freescale i.MX6 BSP by default enables the DirectFB 1.4.0 GPU acceleration. To makesure, check the  $(ROOTFS)/usr/lib/directfb-1.4-0/gfxdrivers/libdirectfb_gal.so is present and run df_dok benchmark application from DirectFB-examples to see the difference.

0 Kudos
wangyuan
Contributor I

Hello

I use the freescale directfb-1.7-4/gfxdrivers/libdirectfb_gal.so, and I also put it in the path of $(ROOTFS)/usr/lib/directfb-1.7-4/gfxdrivers/libdirectfb_gal.so,when I execute ./df_dok --accelonly,there is not picture on the screen, and the start infomation of DirectFB-example-1.2.0 is " Directfb/Graphics: Generic Sofeware Rasteriser 0.7 (directfb.org) ", I know it dosen't use the gpu of Vivante. When I execute ./df_dok, there are pictures on the screen.

How can I enable the gpu accelration of Vivante ?

I see a Netizen enable the directfb gpu acceleration, and  the start infomation of DirectFB as follows :

"DirectFB/Graphics: Vivante unknown chip model 1.0 (Vivante)"

Where is the wrong ? Waiting for help!

Thank you!

0 Kudos
Tarek
Senior Contributor I

Does the same library works for DirectFB v 1.6.0 ?

jojorong
Contributor IV

I use project yocto with version dylan, use the directfb v1.6.1 also, so....

Does the same library works for DirectFB v 1.6.1 ?

0 Kudos
aurelienbouin
Contributor IV

Yes it does work, even with directfb-1.6.3, but you have to make some link to make libdirectfb_gal.so workable :

ln -s /usr/lib/libdirectfb-1.6.so.0.3.0 /usr/lib/libdirectfb-1.4.so.0

ln -s /usr/lib/directfb-1.4-0/gfxdrivers /usr/lib/directfb-1.6-0/

But it does not work with directfb-1.7.0 :smileycry:

0 Kudos
Tarek
Senior Contributor I

Is there an answer to this question?

0 Kudos