Where can one find the gEDA files for the FRDM pin layout?

cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Where can one find the gEDA files for the FRDM pin layout?

Jump to solution
injunear1
Contributor IV

I want to create an interface board which I can plug the FRDM-KL25Z straight into. It cannot be done by soldering headers to a standard through hole proto board because the holes of the FRDM board don't line up completely.

My next step is to create a custom board to which the FRDM board can plug into. Where might one find the file(s) for gEDA (or Eagle) which have the FRDM hole spacing already laid out?

(FWIW, my plan is to print out the layout and iron it onto a copper clad board and etch it.)

Thank you.

Tags (1)
0 Kudos
1 Solution
injunear1
Contributor IV

I have created the board and for a first time etching effort I am pleased with it. I figured out the spacing on my own.

However, in the future I may use the header dimensions at:

Nice drawings of the Arduino UNO and Mega 2560 | Wayne and Layne

These are the header dimensions of the Arduino board which correspond to the spacing of the Freedom bd. Just double the appropriate rows of pins.

View solution in original post

0 Kudos
3 Replies
JimDon
Senior Contributor III

Why not just buy an arduino shield proto board? It works fine....

Also, eagle files for this form factor are here:

Freeduino Open Source Hardware Files

injunear1
Contributor IV

Because I am doing a whole lot more than what can fit on an Arduino shield. My design allows me to plug the FRDM into my board and the board has 5 chips that convert 30 IO signals from 3.3V to 5V and back and then also provides necessary current to drive a dozen or more high current 24V IC switches which then drive hydraulic valves. I looked and there just ain't enough space on them thar lil bitty Ardweeno boards. :-)

I have the board built and am looking forward to testing it as soon as I can get my Android tablet communicating to the Freedom board so it can control my new interface board.

The FRDM-Android USB interface is not being as cooperative as I would like it to be this Christmas season. :-(

0 Kudos
injunear1
Contributor IV

I have created the board and for a first time etching effort I am pleased with it. I figured out the spacing on my own.

However, in the future I may use the header dimensions at:

Nice drawings of the Arduino UNO and Mega 2560 | Wayne and Layne

These are the header dimensions of the Arduino board which correspond to the spacing of the Freedom bd. Just double the appropriate rows of pins.

0 Kudos