First, a big thanks to the creators of USBDM - pretty amazing stuff!
I acquired this device over eBay in the hope of starting off quickly, but I have trouble identifying the actual version of the device and using the software.
- What USBDM revision does this correspond to? Looks like an older version (V2.0) of the PCB not the latest 3.0 version.
- What software version should I use?
- Any recommended firmware updates?
- What OS should I install the software on? (I use Windows 7 64-bit)
Here is a high-res picture of the board http://img02.taobaocdn.com/imgextra/i2/37306034/T2VBWpXb4bXXXXXXXX_!!37306034.jpg
This seems somewhat similar with the latest V3 of the USBDM/CF JMxx v4.10.3 but without the Kinetis adapters. http://usbdm.sourceforge.net/USBDM_V4.10/USBDM_CF_JMxx/html/USBDM_CF_SER.jpg
1) The board processor is JM60 (MCS9S08JM60CLD)
2) The board "version" states Freescale_BDM V2.0 2011-03-01
3) The USB device is not recognized by the latest USBDM 4.10 software. Its hardware ID is USB\VID_16D0&PID_0567&REV_0410 and the instance path is USB\VID_16D0&PID_0567\USBDM-JMXX-CF-0001 (the REV0410 seems to suggest the 4.10 firmware or something like this?)
4) The board has three adapters: 26-pin JTAG, 14-pin JTAG and the well-known 6-pin BDM adapter.
5) The USBDM software installation completed fine with the default options
Granted, I installed USBDM 4.10 on a 64-bit version of Windows 7, so it might be a driver installation issue. Or maybe the device is toasted.
Can anyone help?