Android accessory

cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Android accessory

TurboBob
Contributor IV

Anyone know of any support for Android Accessory mode on ANY Freescale MCU?  It seems like every other mcu manufacturer has support (ok,  perhaps not every one,  but Ti, Microchip, Nxp all have complete solutions in their library).

It would seem like a viable market,  but  the task seems too daunting for a little one-man-band operation like me.

I don't want to jump ship to a PIC,  but its looking like I will have to (that or NXP).

Anyone.....??

Bob

Labels (1)
4 Replies

yifangguo-b4310
NXP Employee
NXP Employee

Hi,

Freescale MCU KL series which run bare can support AOA2.0,  it can  connect with Android device by USB or BlueTooth acting as Android Accessory.
MCU K series(e.g.K70, K60) which run MQX4.0 OS not only can support AOA2.0(USB and BT),  but also can connect with PC,  U disk,  TF card  and of course Android Device, it and play music from them.

0 Kudos

JimDon
Senior Contributor III

Pure speculation on my part, but I am thinking that Freescale is not seeing a large commercial market for that.

Are there any actual products that use this? I have just used blue tooth serial for interfacing to Android, and it has worked quite well, plus it is wireless.

0 Kudos

TurboBob
Contributor IV

one advantage would be powering the accessory from the droid,  or charging the droid from the device.  Although I'm not sure of the limitations of these within the accessory protocol.

I am looking into Bluetooth serial (since it is a serial data task that I need to perform).  What interface hardware/radio did you use?

Thanks!

Bob

0 Kudos

JimDon
Senior Contributor III

this is the one I have used:

Bluetooth TTL Transceiver Module w/ Breakout [RF-BT0417CB] - $13.95 :!

You can use Blue Term to test it out on Android,. It also connects fine to a PC, Windows and Linux (have not tried Mac).

You can find sample code to write your own app.