Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

MPC5602P flash erase interlock write - bus errors

Jump to solution
nerdstuff
Contributor II

Hi,

I am having issues on my MPC5602P erasing the FLASH. Per the reference manual, I execute the following sequence:

MCR = 0x00000004; /* Set ERS in MCR: Select Operation */

LMS = 0x00000006; /* Set LSL2-1 in LMS: Select Sectors to erase */

(0x000000) = 0xFFFFFFFF; /* Latch a Flash Address with any data */

MCR = 0x00000005; /* Set EHV in MCR: Operation Start */

do /* Loop to wait for DONE=1 */

{ tmp = MCR; /* Read MCR */

} while ( !(tmp & 0x00000400) );

status = MCR & 0x00000200; /* Check PEG flag */

MCR = 0x00000004; /* Reset EHV in MCR: Operation End */

MCR = 0x00000000; /* Reset ERS in MCR: Deselect Operation */

When performing the erase interlock write, I get a bus error. Any insight on why that would be? I have verified through the code flash registers that the block is both unlocked and selected for erase. When I write to 0x0000000, I get a bus error.  The freescale driver seems to have the same issue, for me at least.

Any help would be greatly appreciated.

Thanks.

MM

0 Kudos
1 Solution
nerdstuff
Contributor II

I found that the issue at hand was the watchdog in my case. Even though I was using the callback supplied by the Freescale flash routines to service the watchdog, the watchdog was not being serviced fast even to prevent a watchdog reset. When I increased the watchdog duration such that the flash routines serviced the watchdog before the watchdog timeout, my issues went away.

MM

View solution in original post

0 Kudos
2 Replies
nerdstuff
Contributor II

I found that the issue at hand was the watchdog in my case. Even though I was using the callback supplied by the Freescale flash routines to service the watchdog, the watchdog was not being serviced fast even to prevent a watchdog reset. When I increased the watchdog duration such that the flash routines serviced the watchdog before the watchdog timeout, my issues went away.

MM

0 Kudos
AlisonLuanLOHR
Contributor I

I faced the same problem - the only solution that i found was to change the latch address to a Data Flash Address (like 0x00800000 on SPC5602D). I think this is a "system" lock out protection. A erase command work normally this way.

0 Kudos