cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

MQX 3.8.1 usb cdc device not enumerating

Jump to solution
travis_l
Contributor III

I recently upgraded from MQX 3.8 to 3.8.1 and my usb cdc is not enumerating on my PC anymore.  Previously it all worked fine, but now I cannot see the device enumerate at all.  I am using USBView to see the devices attached to my PC and using 3.8 my device would enumerate properly and load the .inf driver and communicate properly.  Now nothing happens.  I have followed the instructions in the 3.8.1 release notes about adding the library search path and everything builds correctly.  I am wondering what changed to break what was previously working.  I am in the process now of trying this on a KwikStik to determine if it works on a demo board and is not just something to do with my own PCB.

Any information or suggestions would be greatly appreciated!

For reference, I am using:

K40DX256ZVLQ10

MQX 3.8.1

CW 10.2

Labels (1)
Tags (5)
0 Kudos
1 Solution
travis_l
Contributor III

Found it!   The updated demo app has a call to install the usb device driver right before calling USB_Class_CDC_Init()

if (MQX_OK != _usb_device_driver_install(USBCFG_DEFAULT_DEVICE_CONTROLLER))

{

printf("Driver could not be installed\n");

return;

}

I missed any mention of this in the release notes but it appears to be working now.

View solution in original post

0 Kudos
2 Replies
travis_l
Contributor III

Just tried this on my KwikStik and it appears to work, now I just need to find the difference...   ARRRGH!

0 Kudos
travis_l
Contributor III

Found it!   The updated demo app has a call to install the usb device driver right before calling USB_Class_CDC_Init()

if (MQX_OK != _usb_device_driver_install(USBCFG_DEFAULT_DEVICE_CONTROLLER))

{

printf("Driver could not be installed\n");

return;

}

I missed any mention of this in the release notes but it appears to be working now.

0 Kudos