Need gst-fsl-plugins for VPU firmware version: 15.0.3 and VPU library version: 4.4.4

cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Need gst-fsl-plugins for VPU firmware version: 15.0.3 and VPU library version: 4.4.4

RobbieJiang
Contributor IV

Hi all,

I'm working on a MX51 reference board from ihanker.com. The kernel is 2.6.31 and the VPU tests (both encoder and decoder) work well with the provided VPU firmware (version: 15.0.3)  and  VPU library (version: 4.4.4). 

However, when I trying to build gst-fsl-plugin-1.8.0, or even lower version gst-fsl-plugin-1.7.3, the build process failed.

So which version of gst-fsl-plugin should I use to work with VPU firmware version: 15.0.3  and  VPU library version: 4.4.4?

FYI, I have tried the LTIB-2.6.31-10.05 and LTIB-2.6.31-10.04.01, the gst-fsl-plugin along with the imx-lib can't work well as expected.

Regards,

Jie

Labels (2)
0 Kudos
5 Replies

jimmychan
NXP TechSupport
NXP TechSupport

what is the error message?

0 Kudos

RobbieJiang
Contributor IV

Hi jimmychan,

I notice that you come from Shanghai, China. And I am from Changsha, China.

I'd like to know if it is convenient for you to give me your email address or your office phone number,

so we can communicate more directly and efficiently about the problems with gstreamer plugins provided by fsl.

Please forgive me if this is a little off topic.

Thank you.

Robbie

0 Kudos

YixingKong
Senior Contributor IV

Robbie, if you are going to discuss technical issues, it would be good to do things here since this is public platform
and we would like everyone to share the information. You can use email to exchange non public information with jimmychan.

karinavalencia, Deactivated user

0 Kudos

RobbieJiang
Contributor IV

Hi jimmychan,

I have been testing freescale gstreamer plugins on MX51 platform. But both the mfw_vpudecoder and the mfw_vpuencoder plugins fail to work as expected.

My kernel is 2.6.31, the imx-lib is imx-lib-10.04.01, the imx-test version is also 10.04.01, and the gstreamer plugin is  gst-fsl-plugin-1.7.3. (The test platform is provided by ihaner.com.)  All these libraries, and gstreamer plugins come from ltib L2.6.31_10.04.01 for MX51.

First, the vpu test program (mxc_vpu_test.out) of imx-test-10.04.01 works well with imx-lib-10.04.01.

When testing vpu encoder with mxc_vpu_test.out, I modified the confgi_enc file to encode a test.yuv file (which is generated by "gst-launch-0.10 -v videotestsrc is-live=1 ! 'video/x-raw-yuv,format=(fourcc)I420,width=176,height=144,framerate=25/1' ! filesink location=test.yuv")  into test-ok.264 file with the following command:

./mxc_vpu_test.out -C config_enc

This command generated a test-ok.264 file correctly. (Enclosed please find both the test.yuv and test-ok.264 files.)

By now, I ensure that the vpu encoder works well with imx-lib-10.04.01.

However, when I tried to run the vpu encoder with fsl-gst-plugins:

gst-launch-0.10 -v videotestsrc is-live=1 ! 'video/x-raw-yuv,format=(fourcc)I420,width=176,height=144,framerate=25/1' ! mfw_vpuencoder codec-type=std_avc width=176 height=144 framerate=25 ! filesink location=test-err.264

I got an output file (test-err.264, which is also enclosed) without any error message.

However, you can see that test-err.264 is NOT the same as test-ok.264, if you are willing to open and compare them.

Actually, the file "test-err.264" is very different from the test.yuv, and also the test-ok.264 file.

The correct encoding result should be like test-ok.264, NOT test-err.264.

So I'm very confused that since the vpu test in imx-test works very well, but the gstreamer plugins just fail to work with no error messages output. I have also tried the gst-fsl-plugins-1.8.0 from L2.6.31_10.05 with imx-lib-10.04.01, and the result is the same.

So what's the problem? And how to fix it?

FYI, it is ok to open the attached files. And you can better understand my problem by comparing the test.yuv, test-ok.264 and test-err.264 files.

Thank you in advance.

Robbie

0 Kudos

LaurenPost
NXP Employee
NXP Employee

i.MX53 and i.MX51 have many similarities and the same VPU firmware and libraries works on both although releases for i.MX53 are not usually tested on i.MX51.

If you want you can try a more current imx_lib library and the multimedia install packages from a Linux i.MX53 and see if that works better.  I have not tried it and possibly might be dependencies.

I know in the case of Android I've taken Gingerbread releases of MX53 and tried it on MX51 with no problems from releases last year.  I just have not tried it on i.MX51 with Linux.

0 Kudos