Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

USB_CDC_CLASS PE component from USB Stack 4.0.2

Jump to solution
mentair
Contributor I

Hi,

I am having trouble getting the USB_CDC_CLASS component working in Processor Expert.

Freescale USB Stack Version: 4.0.2

Processor Expert Version: 10.0.0

Target MCU: MK60FN1M0VLQ12

The problem is that the inherited USB_LDD wants "Dual Speed" for "Device Data Rate". Is that a usb class requirement to be able to switch to low speed?

I want to use the internal USB SIE for that.

How do i configure either the USB Stack or the USB_LDD so that i can use the USB_CDC_CLASS component without error? Also, how can i deactivate the USB Device in specific speed modes?

Thankful for any help,

martin

0 Kudos
1 Solution
Petr_H
NXP Employee
NXP Employee

Hi,

There is a problem with the USB_DEVICE_STACK component that the speed setting is read only and it expects Full speed to be set, which might on some devices not be the default setting.

As a workaround, please do the following:

1) Find your „User components directory“ – see attached picture

2) Change line 62 in the „User components directory\Beans\USB_DEVICE_STACK\USB_DEVICE_STACK.chg“ file

from

%set @LDD_Component@PHY_USB_DEVICE_Speed ReadOnly True

to

%set @LDD_Component@PHY_USB_DEVICE_Speed ReqValue Full speed=USB_DEVICE_STACK component requirement

3) Reload your project

best regards

Petr Hradsky

Processor Expert Support Team

User_working_directory.JPG

View solution in original post

0 Kudos
6 Replies
Petr_H
NXP Employee
NXP Employee

Regarding the USB_LDD component settings please see the attached pictures.

best regards

Petr Hradsky

0 Kudos
mentair
Contributor I

Hi,

Thanks for the explanations, however I am aware of how to set the USB speed modes in independent USB_Ldds.  My Problem is that the USB_CDC_CLASS component preselects everything, including the USB speed mode (which it sets to "dual speed", which the USB_Ldd component complains about). Also I am trying to use the _internal_ USB SIE, not the external ULPI interface.

The other thing is trying to deactivate the component in specific clock configurations in "CPU clock/configuration selection", which is no problem using the Ldd directly, but the USB_CDC_CLASS does not seem to contain the usual clock configuration settings.

I have attached pictures to illustrate the problem.

regards,

martin

0 Kudos
ERussell
Contributor IV

I am having the same issue trying to set the properties of the USB_LDD component when used as an inherited component of the usb_device component of USB Stack 4.03.I have selected USB0 as the module, and USB0_FS as the transceiver module. However, as shown in Martin's picture (usb_ldd_problem.png), I have only the dual speed option which causes an error in the component.

I am using the MK60FN1M0VMD15 Kinetis processor.

Has there been any resolution for this problem?

Thanks,

Elizabeth

0 Kudos
Petr_H
NXP Employee
NXP Employee

Hi,

There is a problem with the USB_DEVICE_STACK component that the speed setting is read only and it expects Full speed to be set, which might on some devices not be the default setting.

As a workaround, please do the following:

1) Find your „User components directory“ – see attached picture

2) Change line 62 in the „User components directory\Beans\USB_DEVICE_STACK\USB_DEVICE_STACK.chg“ file

from

%set @LDD_Component@PHY_USB_DEVICE_Speed ReadOnly True

to

%set @LDD_Component@PHY_USB_DEVICE_Speed ReqValue Full speed=USB_DEVICE_STACK component requirement

3) Reload your project

best regards

Petr Hradsky

User_working_directory.JPG

0 Kudos
mentair
Contributor I

It seems that did the trick.  I got it to generate the sources, but didn't have the chance to check if the code is working yet.

Thanks.

0 Kudos
vfilip
NXP Employee
NXP Employee

Hello,

I have contacted developers for help. I will reply back when i get the answer.

best regards

Vojtech Filip

0 Kudos