cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

MQX project for MCF51JM128

Jump to solution
nicoa
Contributor I

Hello, I'm using ColdFire MCF51JM128 in an RFID reader project me and some partners are developing. Until now we've been programming using CodeWarrior for MCU 6.3 and flashing with the USB Bootloader as described in AN3748.

Now we want to add TCP/IP and to do so we'd like to start using MQX RTOS. I suppose if i make a MQX project then i won't be able to use the bootloader anymore.

Can anyone point me to an Application Note, video, tutorial or documentation that can guide me on how to make an MQX project for MCF51JM128 using only FREE tools like CW 6.3.

Thanks!

Labels (1)
0 Kudos
1 Solution
CarlosCasillas
NXP Employee
NXP Employee

Hello Nicolas.

MQX requires redirecting the interrupt vectors. There is available another USB Bootloader based on MSD class, which doesn’t require a specific driver and/or GUI. It is explained on application note AN4379. On section 5.2 and 5.2.1 of this document is explained how to redirect interrupt vectors.

Hope this information will be useful for you. Have a nice day.

View solution in original post

0 Kudos
2 Replies
CarlosCasillas
NXP Employee
NXP Employee

Hello Nicolas.

MQX requires redirecting the interrupt vectors. There is available another USB Bootloader based on MSD class, which doesn’t require a specific driver and/or GUI. It is explained on application note AN4379. On section 5.2 and 5.2.1 of this document is explained how to redirect interrupt vectors.

Hope this information will be useful for you. Have a nice day.

0 Kudos
Monica
Senior Contributor III

Hello Nicolas!

The varieties of what can be done with the MCF51JM128 MCU are really wide, so there is just general documentation like this Data Sheet or this MCF51JM128 Badge Board Demo - YouTube

Hope this can help as an introductory guide.

Best regards!

0 Kudos