cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

K60: External clock characteristics

Jump to solution
mike65535
Contributor II

I'm trying to find a spec for the electrical requirements for providing an external clock to the K60.

I currently have a circuit that puts a sinewave on "EXTAL", a sinewave that has a DC component of about 0.8V and a pk-to-pk voltage of about 0.7V

I get intermittent hanging at this in bsp_cm

while ((MCG_S & MCG_S_IREFST_MASK) != 0x00U)  /* Check that the source of the FLL reference clock is the external reference clock. */

{

}

making me suspicious of the clock.

Tags (4)
0 Kudos
1 Solution
apanecatl
Senior Contributor II

Hi Mike, here are the XTAL pin electrical specifications, depending on the oscillator mode (low power or high gain) the signal amplitude can be either .6V or VDD, the full table can be found in chapter 6.3.2 Oscillator electrical characteristics of the K60 datasheet:

2817_2817.png

View solution in original post

0 Kudos
3 Replies
JimDon
Senior Contributor III
0 Kudos
mike65535
Contributor II

I've seen that and it doesn't tell me what I need to know.

I'd like to know the peak-to-peak amplitude and the DC offset it can tolerate of an external clock signal provide on EXTAL.

For ex, must the clock go from, say 0.5V to 1.5 V, or say from 0.8V to 1.8V or what?

0 Kudos
apanecatl
Senior Contributor II

Hi Mike, here are the XTAL pin electrical specifications, depending on the oscillator mode (low power or high gain) the signal amplitude can be either .6V or VDD, the full table can be found in chapter 6.3.2 Oscillator electrical characteristics of the K60 datasheet:

2817_2817.png

0 Kudos