AnsweredAssumed Answered

i.MX28 Windows CE SD Boot, NAND Storage

Question asked by markwilliams on Nov 5, 2012
Latest reply on Nov 12, 2012 by Francisco Alberto Carrillo Dominguez
Branched to a new discussion

Hi all,

I have been playing with the i.MX28 Development board, booting our own Windows CE Image from SD card successfully. I am now trying to get the system to operate so that it boots from SD card still but uses NAND flash for storage.

I have added a NAND flash to the socket on the development board and modified the drivers according to other posts on this forum. The NAND is successfully detected by eboot (and I have performed the 3V3 RDN line driver mod):

NumberOfChip=1

NAND_ECCConfLayout, pagesize=2048,sisize=64

INFO: OEMPlatformInit: Initialized NAND flash device.

Since enabling the MS Flash Driver (Flash MDD) I have not been able to get my board to boot. I have set the 'MountAsBootable' registry flag for the NAND MSFlash profile to 0 (just in case that was setting the NAND as bootable). The debug output shows the Image being loaded from SD then 'Jumping to Image at 0x0 (physical 0x40200000)...'

I also enabled 'RAM and ROM Filesystem' for the catalog item 'File System - Internal (Choose 1)'.

I have checked my Windows CE release directory and I only have and NK.nb0 (earlier issues I had was due to image size being too large and creating NK.nb1 as well). So I do not think it is anything to do with image size.

Is there anything I should be aware of trying to use NAND as storage only and retain boot from SD using the Freescale BSP?

Kind regards, Mark

Outcomes