How to port Keypad function into i.MX6Q Ubuntu?

cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

How to port Keypad function into i.MX6Q Ubuntu?

Jump to solution
Oceanblue
Contributor III

Dear all,

Now I'm working with MX6Q for Ubuntu 11.10, because there is keypad function on Ubuntu original design, does anyone know how to port keypad function on MX6Q Ubuntu? thx

Labels (1)
Tags (2)
1 Solution
AlanZhang
Contributor V

Hi, Jack,

Whether your keypad is a special one or generic one? If yours is specificial, you need to prepare the driver, in your driver, you can see there exist a top-half part to translate the input key raw code (i.e. scan code) into Linux standard KEY_xxxx that are defined in linux/input.h. After adjust the mapping between your raw code to KEY_xxx, you check whether the /dev/input/event0 is created for this driver, if everything is done, you can get your keypad input in Ubuntu. If your keypad is generic like USB keypad, you should get it.

Regards,

Alan Zhang

View solution in original post

3 Replies
Oceanblue
Contributor III

All, does Freescale has any document to explain how to add keypad function on Ubuntu or Linux OS? thx

0 Kudos
YixingKong
Senior Contributor IV

Jack, if the answer from Alan is correct, please click Correct Answer. Your DI will be closed. Thanks.

0 Kudos
AlanZhang
Contributor V

Hi, Jack,

Whether your keypad is a special one or generic one? If yours is specificial, you need to prepare the driver, in your driver, you can see there exist a top-half part to translate the input key raw code (i.e. scan code) into Linux standard KEY_xxxx that are defined in linux/input.h. After adjust the mapping between your raw code to KEY_xxx, you check whether the /dev/input/event0 is created for this driver, if everything is done, you can get your keypad input in Ubuntu. If your keypad is generic like USB keypad, you should get it.

Regards,

Alan Zhang