cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

how to install multiple BSPs

yektaayduk
Contributor II

Hi ,

Currently I'm using the BSP (1)     L2.6.35_11_09_ER_SOURCE  for imx53 .

I had a previous installtion for imx25  BSP(2)   L2.6.31_09.12.00_SDK_SOURCE  ,but I removed it because in the

ltib user guide for imx53  it says : remove any previous installation  packages under /opt/freescale/pkgs .

I have an imx25 -3 stack board and want to boot the board from SDcard.

Using this BSP(1) I can compile uboot for imx25 ,but I want to build a rootfs.ext3 for imx25 .

The ltib BSP(1) has only board selections for imx 5x family for kernel compilation.

My question is ,(how) can we install multiple  i.mx BSPs and use them ?

Is there any other BSP which covers all i.mx processors?

Labels (2)
0 Kudos
3 Replies

daiane_angolini
NXP Employee
NXP Employee

There is no BSP to cover ALL imx processors. Please use 11.09 for imx53 and 09.12 for imx25.

Since imx27 i've been installing every new BSP to my home folder. I think latest BSP I installed in my PC was 11.09 for imx53.

I had no big problem for doing this. Any LTIB problem I faced was resolved someway.

0 Kudos

yektaayduk
Contributor II

Thank You for the replay.

Do you remove all previously installed packages in /opt/freescale/pkgs when you install a new BSP (as stated below)?

If so these files are used only during the ltib installation .

i.MX53_START_Linux_BSP_UserGuide.pdf :

2.2       Installing and Building LTIB

To install and build LTIB, follow the steps below:

1. Remove all previously-installed packages in /opt/freescale/pkgs/.

0 Kudos

daiane_angolini
NXP Employee
NXP Employee

I have never cared about this.

But, if there is such warning, maybe someone had have some mistake in the past. Or maybe, because you end up with a lot of carbage in /opr/freescale/pkgs.

I have never had problem with it, but I always used Ubuntu.

You can try to change the ltib file (file is called ltib, it's a script you can edit) in order to have a different /opt/freescale/pkgs

There is a lot of files inside /opt/freescale/pkgs. If bsp 11.09 uses (i.e) alsa-1.10 and bsp uses alsa-1.9 you will end up with both, but your ltib will only take that one it needs.