cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

mqx for hello_twrpxs20 error

Jump to solution
Sendzimir
Contributor I

The PXS20 processor core is dual e200z4d, but why the "hello" example of mqx for twrpxs20 import "libc_E200z650.a" and "librt_E200z650.a".

As shown below:

error(e200z4d)(e200z650).jpg

0 Kudos
1 Solution
Martin_
NXP Employee
NXP Employee

A colleague reminded me that currently MQX supports PXS20 in BookE. As there is no e200z4 BookE version of CW EWL library (for e200z4, CodeWarrior has VLE mode only), MQX link the only CodeWarrior BookE library available and that is e200z6.

CodeWarrior Power Architecture e200 compiler supports dual issue by command line option -pragma schedule. You can compile your PXS20 application source files with command line option -pragma "schedule z750" to optimize resulting instructions for dual issue.

View solution in original post

0 Kudos
4 Replies
Martin_
NXP Employee
NXP Employee

Hello,

yes, it should be linked against e200z4 libc and librt, primarily due to e200z4 core dual issue hardware.

e200z650 is single issue. If an executable is linked with e200z6 libraries, the code will work on PXS20 because the e200z4 instruction set is compatible with e200z6. However, e200z4 libraries are built with compiler support for dual issue - means the compiler should generate more optimized code for dual issue hardware. We will fix MQX PXS20 projects for this.

0 Kudos
Martin_
NXP Employee
NXP Employee

A colleague reminded me that currently MQX supports PXS20 in BookE. As there is no e200z4 BookE version of CW EWL library (for e200z4, CodeWarrior has VLE mode only), MQX link the only CodeWarrior BookE library available and that is e200z6.

CodeWarrior Power Architecture e200 compiler supports dual issue by command line option -pragma schedule. You can compile your PXS20 application source files with command line option -pragma "schedule z750" to optimize resulting instructions for dual issue.

0 Kudos
Sendzimir
Contributor I

There is another error. Codewarrior 10.2 chinese edition has bug. When I make a new file or import, pop-up dialog box like this.

发生了问题.JPG

I change Codewarrior language to english by add " -nl en" on the property of Codewarrior , when I saw this post(https://community.freescale.com/thread/114388) yesterday.

Codewarrior change language.JPG

Then the problem has solved.

0 Kudos
c0170
Senior Contributor III

Hello Sendzimir,

0 Kudos