AN2295 for MCF51JM64-USB

cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

AN2295 for MCF51JM64-USB

TurboBob
Contributor IV

There are a couple issues with the latest version. 

The documentation refers to Versions A and B,  but the code uses Versions 0 and 1  (and Version 1 is Version A ?)

Version 0 does not compile

Version 1 compiles with warnings.

Version 1 uses the vector table in place,  and just replaces the reset vector to one that points to the bootloader,   the application reset

vector is moved to 0x1C0 so the bootloader can find it in order to start the application

(the above is my understanding of how it works,  correct me if I misunderstand)

The application that is supposed to merge the bootloader and your application generates errors/warnings about overwriting code,   but since the bootloader and the application both have a vector table an overlap should be expected.

But,  the file created does not work.  It appears that the application start vector is not copied to 1C0,   even trying to use the "vector relocation" function does not work.

Anyone using this loader on a JM over USB?   Any helpful hints?

Bob

Labels (1)
Tags (2)
0 Kudos
2 Replies

TomLEE
Contributor III

Hello Robert,

you must read (and use) AN3561 (USB bootloader for the MC9S08JM60) and AN3470 (USB DFU Bootloader for Coldfire).

Regards,

Thomas.

TurboBob
Contributor IV

I will look them over,  but all the bootloader "science projects" that Freescale publishes have huge memory footprints.

If I want to use the CF51JM64  and the bootloader uses most of the flash,  what good is it?

The AN2295,  even though its current iteration is buggy,  at least has a small memory footprint.

Bob

0 Kudos