Kinetis K Color Graphics TFT LCD solution and egui?

cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Kinetis K Color Graphics TFT LCD solution and egui?

mustafagulec
Contributor I

Hi, I'm a beginner for arm and freescale. Actually i did not yet began, I'm trying to decide. I've used other micro with tft lcd driving capability. I need to use an arm based mcu that can handle tft driving up to 800x400 pixels @16bpp or 24bpp. I think, only option is the k70 series. With the external dram, i believe it is possible to drive high resolution tft lcds even 1024x768 @ 24bpp. Is this true? If it is true then the question of software support remains. Freescale seems to have egui software for glcd applications. Can this program support high resolutions like 800x400 because its datasheet says it is for QVGAa mostly. Thanks.

Labels (1)
0 Kudos
3 Replies

apanecatl
Senior Contributor II

The max resolution supported by the K70 LCDC is 800x600@24bpp, regarding the size limitations for eGUI, it is not up to the software but up to the capacity of the LCD controller you use.

you can learn a bit more about the subject in this app note:

http://cache.freescale.com/files/microcontrollers/doc/app_note/AN3606.pdf

mustafagulec
Contributor I

Hi thanks, I have knowledge about the memory requirements, I have used other vendors' solutions. Hardware solution of K70 seems ok for me but I wonder the software aspect. Because without software support it is not very useful even if you have a powerful hardware and at my first inspection of egui, the support seems a bit unadequate for k70 type controllers also it is not updated often. On the other hand the other commercial software that freescale recommends is very expensive, nobody uses it while there are free or cheaper solutions... I have read that egui supports max 320x240 but if it is because there was not any controller that supports higher resolution by then it is ok... So you say with k70 you can use egui upto 800x600, right?

0 Kudos

LuisCasado
NXP Employee
NXP Employee

Hi,

You can requets the latest K70 egui in this threat:

https://community.freescale.com/message/305885#305885

You have eGUI, PEG, Segger emWin, QT over MQX by Motomic and QT over uclinux by Emcraft as options.

K70 supports 800 x600 and eGUI also supports 800x600.

Best Regards,

Luis