Processor Expert USB component not handles properly USB Bus Reset event.

cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Processor Expert USB component not handles properly USB Bus Reset event.

LeoS
Contributor I

Project: PE based project for USB device. Kinetis PK60DN512VMD10 (silicon 2) microcontroller is a target. USB device operates in full speed mode. USB device communicates to Linux based host. PE component used: USB_DEVICE_STACK from "Freescale USB Stack v4.0.2". USB_DEVICE_STACK is using USB_LDD component. No OS used on device side. Device has its own power, not powered from the host. Device powered all the time, host can be powered on and off during normal operation.

Synopsis of the problem:

If device connected to the host by USB cable first time after power on, it works OK. If device disconnected and connected to the host second time, it doesn't complete enumeration and it doesn't work.

From the communication captured it looks like device doesn't react properly to "USB Bus Reset" event issued by the host. It starts communicating, but it doesn't finish enumeration.

If device is connected to the host during power on (device and host powered simultaneously), device doesn't communicate at all. Device should be disconnected from the host during power on to communicate on first USB cable connection.

Labels (1)
0 Kudos
4 Replies

LeoS
Contributor I

This issue is resolved in USB Stack V4.0.3. Manual change in PE generated code is required (as mentioned in release notes).

0 Kudos

Petr_H
NXP Employee
NXP Employee

Could you please post some project demostrating the problem?

best regards

Petr Hradsky

Processor Expert Support Team

0 Kudos

LeoS
Contributor I

Petr,

Thank you for the response.

Any PE based project from "Freescale USB Stack v4.0.2" performs same way. "Audio Class" or "CDC Class" can be used and will demonstrate same problem.

I filed CR# 1-95544461 and received confirmation from the member of support team that he was able to repeat the problem.

Regards,

Leonid.

Regards,

Leonid Borshchak.

Senior firmware designer

Smiths Detection

7030 Century Av

Mississauga, Ontario,

Canada L5N 2V8

T. 905 - 8175990, ext 5714

Fax: 905 - 8175992

www.smithsdetection.com<http://www.smithsdetection.com/>;

leonid.borshchak@smithsdetection.com<mailto:leonid.borshchak@smithsdetection.com>

0 Kudos

LeoS
Contributor I

Petr,

Thank you for the response.

Any PE based project from "Freescale USB Stack v4.0.2" performs same way. "Audio Class" or "CDC Class" can be used and will demonstrate same problem.

Regards,

Leonid.

0 Kudos