cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Kinetis part number problems

Jump to solution
Smiffytech
Contributor III

Not sure if I'm posting in the right place, but is there a reason why Kinetis parts used in development boards can't be found through an Orderable Part search?

First it was whatever is on the Freedom board - took me forever to find the part in question, due to the failure of the search based on the part quoted on the product page. Now I have in front of me a TWR-K53N512 Tower module. According to the product page, this has a MK53N512CMD100 on it. Orderable Part? Not according to the search. I have also tried looking through the parametrics on the K50_100 product summary - still no joy.

Now, the Freescale web team might consider hyperlinking from product pages to the part actually used, but I guess that would be too obvious :smileywink:

Labels (1)
Tags (1)
0 Kudos
1 Solution
MichaelCastillo
Community Manager

Matthew,

The incorrect Kinetis orderable part ID was identifying on the TWR-K53N512 Tower module tool summary page. The correct orderable part ID is MK53DN512CMD10, which is available when conducting an orderable part search, as well as associated in the buy/parametric tab of the K50_100 product summary page.

We apologize for the inconvenience and frustration this has caused you and are in the process of updating our website to fix these issues.

View solution in original post

0 Kudos
6 Replies
apanecatl
Senior Contributor II

Hi Mattherw, the reason for the discrepancy on the TWR-K53N512 has two causes:

1) Usually when we first release a new evaluation/development board we use pre-qualified silicon parts, i.e: part numbers

starting with P: PK53N512CMD100

2) For the second revision of our kinetis silicon the part numbering was slightly changed, instead of including the complete

frequency the mcu works at the end, we only include the first two numbers, also we included a letter to visually define if 

the mcu has a DSP coprocessor "D", or a Floating Point Unit "F": 

MK53N512CMD100  =  MK53 D N512CMD10

Smiffytech
Contributor III

Thanks, Pedro. I had seen the numbers with the "missing" digit recently and was a bit confused about what it means - now far more clear on the Kinetis numbering system. I, of course, had been working off some very early documentation.

0 Kudos
MichaelCastillo
Community Manager

Matthew,

The incorrect Kinetis orderable part ID was identifying on the TWR-K53N512 Tower module tool summary page. The correct orderable part ID is MK53DN512CMD10, which is available when conducting an orderable part search, as well as associated in the buy/parametric tab of the K50_100 product summary page.

We apologize for the inconvenience and frustration this has caused you and are in the process of updating our website to fix these issues.

0 Kudos
Smiffytech
Contributor III

Thanks, Michael. Saves me having to raise a ticket, because I had forgotten to put it on my 'to do' list :smileyhappy:

0 Kudos
tom_thompson
Contributor III

The best way to bring this issue to Freescale's attention is to submit a service request on this matter. Click here to do that.

---Tom

Smiffytech
Contributor III

Whoops, sorry, forgot to reply.

Yes, I will raise a service request on this, thanks.

0 Kudos